Kyosho : Elan S3

Kyosho : Elan S4 Sprint

Kyosho : Europa

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
That Elite is pretty and my favorite out of the lot.

We used to get salvage sports car parts from a guy that used to race a Europa. THE first rite of Spring around here used to be The Chimney Rock Hill Climb. It was an SCCA sponsored event. It was a badassed little race up the rough paved, winding, narrow road, leading up to Chimney Rock (the largest natural phallic symbol in the world.) Several of the turns had launch points that, if you left right, you could fly 80 to 100 feet before hitting the ground. Most of the time a large oak or poplar tree would stop that tragectory before the long ride terminated itself. Anyway during the 1975 race this guy left the corner at Turn 11. He must have puckered just before he realized his mistake, cause he did manage to hit the brakes. Rather than a launch they say it was more like hop of the hill and then he proceeded to roll over and over down the 100 foot bank until one of those oaks stopped his progress....or better stated....His desention. The race was stopped in 1995. Stating. "It no longer served the needs of the mountain." What ever that ment. The community of Chimney Rock sure wasn't served by its discontinuance. But 20 years later if you followed the path the Europa took. And you looked and kicked leaves around you could still find bits and pieces of fiber glass from the car. This guy kept racing but never went back the "The Rock." Hence the saying that sprung from the debacle. "Chimney Rock scares me to death.....And I'm fearless."

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superbird77 said:
Europa looks terrific in black. Has that paint scheme something to do with John Player Special?
Oh yes, 'tis based on the JPS Lotus team colours.

Of course, although the Europa debuted in the '60s, this is an early '70s version of the car, with the cut down sail panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts