Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is crazy... I punched in M2 machines on ebay to see what might be new and just about all that came up was these goofy looking chase cars from 50 bucks to 500 bucks... This is nuts.. I don't collect these cars as I think they are uglu with their colored tires and gold trim, but don't understand why someone would even consider paying this much for a toy car !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-Machines...53888?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item3a6963d6c0

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
bro some people have more money than brains. That is why I just cannot bring my self to buy from this one line of DieCast Fire trucks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
True waste of money I'd rather go down to the store and buy there as I want and not pay for Casa expensive model we have models and price that the mother does not cost much $ 2
To $ 12 most expensive

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Jeremy's asking price is $600 and he currently has 8 offers. Wonder what he'll end up getting for the car? A lot of money? yes. But we've heard the stories about rare redlines going for 5 figures!! :eek:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Think of how much $50-$500 could buy just in diecast? Good stuff too... I tell ya, this hobby gets people loopy and rationalizing all sorts of expenditure. I guess when you have a worldwide audience, you try your luck and see if some shmuck will bite.

I have a real dislike for the whole bidding process. Makes people scramble and act desperate, and pay way more than something is really worth when all the smoke has settled. And that's before shipping charges.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Since I am a collector and a dealer, I tend to have a different view of this hobby. I don't see chases and scalpers as bad things - anything to get people to buy stuff in this hobby is a good thing. If they have the money to throw down big money on a "chase" piece good for them. I am just as happy with the $1 mainlines I get off the shelf.

It can be bad to have a "Gotta get 'em all" attitude in this hobby and you can go broke really quick. This ain't Pokemon - you don't have to collect them all! :p

If you just collect what you like and keep within your budget this is a very fun hobby. My personal collection is small, maybe 100 cars, and all have been ripped out of their packages or bought loose at toys shows and such. I don't have any pieces I hold of higher importance because someone else says so.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Most I dropped on a single car was $40 and that took a lot of thought. If I'm gunna drop a chunk of change it would be around $250.00 for the 95 Camaro TH. MAYBE $300.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
This is a common tactic by the seller, try to sucker some ebay person, while selling the same thing on website for hundreds of dollars less..at least m2 really made this car, unlike the 300 dollar code 3 tow trucks.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
It's a Car that I like to add to my M2 Collection of all the Chases & Promotionals but my top price for it would be $40.... Yellow tires are not a selling point for this Car IMHO. IMHO color tires don't lok right as we never see color tires on real Cars.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Also Kumho for one makes tires, technically for competition use, with a dye in them that puts out colored smoke for burnouts. Colored tires, colored burnouts...

Imo, it's just ain't right. Even on an adult bicycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts