Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hunting for a 1/64th 1960 Ford Starliner for about 5 years now... I couldn't even find out who made them in 1/64th scale... Just found and won this one on ebay

Someone posted this pic awhile back and I'm not sure what member from what site... Anyone know what scale or what maker did this one, or who posted this pic ? It looks like 1/64th a little, but can't really tell... The reason I think it's 1/64 is, I have those same red brick gates in the back ground... Any help would be appreciated !!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I have the red one. I want to say it came in the Route 66 packaging. Mine was in a acrylic box either way. Actually Steve I like your version without the rear tire kit. I did not know it was sold that way. I notice your version does not have the chrome behind the rear wheel. Definitely one I will have to look for now

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I have the same one you just got, but boy would I li0ke to have that red one! Maybe preferab2ly 0.without the wheel kit but I'd take it either way.

(Sorry, my granddaughter is helping me ty[e)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I have 2 from Ertl. One is red w/ conti kit and fender skirts, the other is light blue w/ a white roof, no conti kit or skirts.
BTW, Maisto did the '60 Starliner, too.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Those are Ertl 1/64 cars from around 2000 - 2001 . They did a 'Hobby' Edition in a display case in Red with Conny kit . The others were done in silver , lt blue & black in blister packs w/o conny kit . Its easy to swap the rear bumpers to eliminate the conny kit , or carefully remove it from the bumper & grind away the extension part & glue it back on . I have a bunch of them in my collection . After Ertl was done , they did the RT66 series for KMart & did one in white , also in a display case . The white ones are the hardest to find . The others show up regularly on ebay . Some for crazy prices !! They were around $4 when new ...

The Maisto 1/64 '60 Starliners arent as detailed , but are nice too .. They also are on ebay frequently .. They all have mag wheels & sometimes custom paint schemes .. They also were around $4 new . Havent seen any new ones recently ... They are fairly current cars , being made within the last 5 years ..

Johnny Lightning did a '60 Ford wagon too .

Dave

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are Ertl 1/64 cars from around 2000 - 2001 . They did a 'Hobby' Edition in a display case in Red with Conny kit . The others were done in silver , lt blue & black in blister packs w/o conny kit . Its easy to swap the rear bumpers to eliminate the conny kit , or carefully remove it from the bumper & grind away the extension part & glue it back on . I have a bunch of them in my collection . After Ertl was done , they did the RT66 series for KMart & did one in white , also in a display case . The white ones are the hardest to find . The others show up regularly on ebay . Some for crazy prices !! They were around $4 when new ...

The Maisto 1/64 '60 Starliners arent as detailed , but are nice too .. They also are on ebay frequently .. They all have mag wheels & sometimes custom paint schemes .. They also were around $4 new . Havent seen any new ones recently ... They are fairly current cars , being made within the last 5 years ..

Johnny Lightning did a '60 Ford wagon too .

Dave
I finally scored a red one on ebay too... $12.99 + shipping, but well worth it to me... I had the Masito one for awhile, or maby Jada, can't remember, It was way out of preportion and kinda ugly... I have about 3 of the JL wagon variations... I can't believe as long as these were out and so long ago, I have never seen any around this neck of the woods... I did score these two !!!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Only the red ones have the correct full hubcaps too . All the others have dog dish wheels which are not right for a top line car like a Starliner ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts