Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres some pics of my newest customs i have done. a couple of them are the most work ive put into a diecast but was fun doing it!. i need to work on better lighting for my diorama but they will do!

first up is a matchbox 78? chevy stepside drag truck has a nice rake going on, some wide meats in the rear, a roll cage i built out of 032 brass rod soldered together and thin vinyl tube as padding. wheelie bar is made from brass rod and wheels are some round bits of plastic i had. scoop is from a car i took the wheels from.

here is a matchbox volvo p1800S i love the lines on this car and figured it would be a good wheel swap candidate, since the car i believe has a 4 cylinder and the owner upgraded it, it has a performance exhaust on it. also has been detailed.

this hotwheels datsun 240Z got a repaint and some m2 wheels and a much better exhaust system along with some detailing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
continued!

this is a jada badge city 39 chevy master deluxe. this one just got a repaint as i dont collect police cars but i loved the way this car looked and knew it had potential. it still needs detailing but figured i would include it.

saved my personal favorite for last, the 1982 hotwheels '82 supra. this one got bigger fender flares, much nicer wheels, a nice duckbill spoiler. windows were polished(were a bit dull and were starting to yellow) and of course got a repaint and detailing. was painted with nail polish thinned out. such an awesome color! the tail lights had no recess so i had to do it all by hand and im not the best painter. once i get decal paper it will have much better tail lights!.

hope you guys enjoy viewing my customs as much as i enjoyed making them!.ill have a few more customs to post in a few days so keep looking for those.:wave:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
this is a jada badge city 39 chevy master deluxe. this one just got a repaint as i dont collect police cars but i loved the way this car looked and knew it had potential. it still needs detailing but figured i would include it.

Great Custom :thumbsup:

Jada made the 1939 Chevy Master Deluxe in Black below.....

Jada even made it in Purple that went with the Black one and Jada made it in the Homie RollerzSeries in Ruby Red and in Silver

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the compliments guys! i personally love the PU and the supra more then the rest as i put a good bit of work into them...then again i love japanese cars so thats what most of my customs will be. working on a honda civic drag car right now, something i never seen in diecast before....i also noticed, not alot of people add exhausts to the customs they do! for exhaust the best and cheapest option is buying a tubing assortment of off cuts certain hobby stores supply, they usually contain a good assortment of round tubing and some square tubing also comes with a ton of it to use as axle tubes. i got mine from towerhobbies you can see what im talking about here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXWFS4&P=ML

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks mr. guess your a import nut as well? i used jb weld to form the flares and duckbill. easiest way is use some painters tape(the green kind) and tape it(sticky side towards the roof) inside the fender well and it will make a good mold for the fender opening then you can just shape with a file or sandpaper...also helps to have small flares on the fenders to get the correct shape for the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts