Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a BOD at WAL*MART FILLED with hundreds of Hot Wheels, and an associate was dumping more cases into the BOD.

I took 10 really nice HW cars to the register, and I was SHOCKED when I was told the amount was 53 cents (5 cents times 10 plus tax). The cashier said it was a CAD (Customer Appreciation Day), and to the left of the register were a dozen shopping carts filled with items with prices as low as 10 cents to a few dollars. (some items were about 5-10% of the regular price). I was told that not every WAL*MART has a CAD.

I went back and bought some more for 5 cents each. :hat: I was a GOOD day!

I never bought a Hot Wheels car in a store for 5 cents (even in 1968).

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
WOW..... Cant see that happening in my area as the employees would have them shopping carts in the back on hold till they get on break or off work to be purchased.

Congrats on your deals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
What Walmart had those??? I was at the West Mifflin Wallys and the Hot Wheels I bought rang up 97 cents each....That was earlier today 7-1-2012...

·
Registered
759 Posts
You're a little too late for April Fools Day! J/K. Congrats on being at the right place at the right time!

The lowest price I've seen on new Hot Wheels? Three cents each. Found eight of these Slick Rides Ice Cream Trucks warming a Fred Meyer clearance bin back in February - even with the fact that they had been on clearance since July 2011.

A portion of my receipt:

A few days later, I found this at another Fred Meyer for the same price:

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts
Nice Finds Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a picture of the receipt for the for 10 Hot Wheels cars that I bought.

There were 3 different codes on the other recipt (but the cars were still 5 cents each).

I told my buddy about it at the flea market yesterday and he said he bought a dozen M2 cubes for $1.00 each at a different WAL*MART. What's going on at WAL*MART? :confused:

·
Registered
627 Posts
You should have bought every last car they had and donated them to Toys for Tots, a childrens hospital, or a similar charity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts