Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get one yet? I received my Slash last week. Traxxas hit a home run with this one. Very nicely done. Anyone getting/have the OFNA 4x4? Id like to see some pics and feed back on it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
saw one of the ofna trucks today sofar not impressed very slow out of the box and comes with 32 pitch gearing havent seen that since the 80's maybe it will be better with better electrics oh and man the thing is a TANK feels like it wieghs a ton

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feed back scramblerman. Only saw pictures of it. Sounds like it wont have anything for the Slash unless its modded pretty good?

·
Registered
106 Posts
ofna short course 4x4

Thanks for the feed back scramblerman. Only saw pictures of it. Sounds like it wont have anything for the Slash unless its modded pretty good?
guys good feedback ,i was getting ready to buy a jammin when it came out it will probably be even heavier due to some more options verses the ofna wouldn't you think,maybe that is why they went to the bigger hv motors for the ofna and jammin because they are so heavy.maybe i will just wait to see what losi and associated do when they jump on the band wagon:thumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
losi ten

You will be waiting a long time. They don't have an applicable platform.
losi has a great platform they just need to convert their new losi 10 to electric and lighten the chassis:thumbsup:and of course make it shourt course:wave:

·
Registered
634 Posts
saw a couple slash 4wd at the track not real impressed i think they need more motor they didnt seem to have a lot of get up n go in em

·
Registered
248 Posts
only ones i could find was for the jammin and the ofna and they said 3.7 lbs minus electrics. i tried to find other weights but could only find 2wd's. and some of those were heavier than these two 4wd's. what is the weight of an avg stadium truck? i don't have an acc scale to weigh my t4.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes i am not impressed at all either they look like toys and their center of gravity is way too high:thumbsup::thumbsup:
So you judge everything by the way they "look"? You should try and drive one before you judge. Even that is not a fair assessment. You need to tune it to your driving style.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have a couple of guys with the ofna. The owner of the track is one of them, he said the ofna weighs real close to a slash2wd. The ofna is very fast and handles realy well. our classes for core are open motors. He runs a 6.5HV novak on 2s lipo. only one lap down from mod 4wd buggy on his first night. Pretty impressive to me, but it is pretty much an 1/8 buggy with a shorter wheelbase. I think the 4x4 slash would not be able to beat it unless they both ran same motors at like a 17.5. But I have only seen the slah in a video on 6 cell nimh and it was just barely faster than the 2wd slash, even with better tires. But until I can see both on the same track at the same time, this i sonly speculation. Taylor James has bought the ofna, and Jaed tebo got to drive the owners truck, which is his father in-law. If you ever get the chance to talk with Tebo, He is a very friendly and nice guy to talk with.

·
Registered
106 Posts
only ones i could find was for the jammin and the ofna and they said 3.7 lbs minus electrics. i tried to find other weights but could only find 2wd's. and some of those were heavier than these two 4wd's. what is the weight of an avg stadium truck? i don't have an acc scale to weigh my t4.
i thank when i had mine it was 3.2

1 - 20 of 102 Posts