Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my son out car shopping today. I didn't find anything I wanted at the first tops...well, that's a lie, I did. Sort of. You see we were checking out the pegs, and he sees a DW-1. He hands it to me to look at. Of course I went nuts over it, but we have a rule "he who finds it keeps it." Worse yet, he was going to put it back and skip it. Then I pointed out the rubber tires. I should have kept my mouth shut. Or maybe I at least need to improve my poker face...

Well, we went all over, checked out all of the regular stops, and just as we were about to come home, I dip past the local Kroger's display to find they have the Hot Wheels 2012 4th of July set. Grabbed all five:

That's the Camaro Z28, Track T, Rodger Dodger, Custom '62 Chevy (with gold plated bed and exhaust!), and '64 Lincoln Continental (convertible), all decked out in stars and stripes. It's a nice set, and I'm glad I got them. I missed the St. Patricks Day set...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I found the DW1 with the Malibu TH at Wally this morning. The DW was right on the front the TH was hidden a little. It looked like the night crew just hung them.
So if your son hangs it back up then it is fair game for you? I guess you can't do that to your kid.lol
I found a 50s era Sears Silvertone AM clock radio at yard sale that wasn't working and paid $5 for it. He was asking $15. The power cord needed replaced for sure. My oldest son messes with electronics and I asked him to replace the cord. (He was drooling over the radio) After he fixed it then I told him thanks for fixing his radio. Even though he is in his 40s you still have to give it up for them. lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a nice bunch of holiday cars. And that chevy, that's the one with the gold plated (well faux gold. these are only Hot Wheels after all) bed and exhaust. It's the first I saw, and the nicest.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
The RWB Roger Dodger is my favorite.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard for me to say, and I don't plan on cracking these open to find out. Maybe when someone else gets theirs?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Your Son lives with you right Tolen? Look on the bright side, whatever he gets, that you don't get, is still coming back to the same house. So it's almost like having it yourself. Almost. :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Well without a Kroger ANYWHERE near me, I guess I won't be getting these. :(:( I really like the 62 Pickup, Lincoln and Rodger Dodger.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Well without a Kroger ANYWHERE near me, I guess I won't be getting these. :(:( I really like the 62 Pickup, Lincoln and Rodger Dodger.
Is this a Kroger only set? We don't have one here either.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little Googling, and I believe it is a Krogers exclusive. (Or any Krogers owned stores, like Fred Meyers.)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
If anyone that does have these stores near them would be interested in picking me up at least the three I mentioned before, or the whole set, I would be more than happy to PAY for it!

Let me know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts