Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

It's that time of the year again!

We're coming into a busy time of the year in the Northeast for trophy races in about a month. Sunday March 4th is one of the big dates for you to take note of. The Can Am Challenge in Granby QC is at it's 4th edition and this year will be a whale of an event!

Bromont Terrasse will be back on board as our major sponsor as they've been the last three years before. Other partners will come on board also as event sponsors as we get closer to the big day.

You can expect the best drivers from both sides of the border to put on a hell of a show.

The most popular class will be the ever competitive KASCAR division (4 Cell Stock). ***HOWEVER WE WANT THE 1/12TH SCALE ROCKETS BACK!!!*** (note to Tony Denino and the Gang)

More info to follow.

See ya there

Patrick Trottier no.44
Circuit GT RC Club
Granby, QC

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got word of the final amount of the cheque from Bromont Terrasse and all I can say is Wow!

800$ (okay thats about 700$ US, but still!) instead of the initial 500$ previously expected. That's besides other sponsorships to be added in the next weeks. This will enable us to host a nice two day event with the road course crowd on Saturday and the Oval crowd on Sunday.

See ya there!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
The Blue bus should make the trip up , we will try to get some 1/12 cars to make the show .

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoud be an easy trip for the bus. No hills to climb! LOL

I also talked to Mighty Midget about inviting the Sportsman and Pro Sportsman guys over.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Outlaw,i have talked to some of the sportsman truck guys they seem excited to race in Granby,also the pro sportsman guy seem as equally excited.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great to know!

I'll talk to Eric tomorrow and I'll let him know so he can plan trophies accordingly. The more crazies we are the more fun we have!

How 'bout a roll call?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Tony brother,the SK will be there, not sure who will drive it,me,Neil,Kenny,someone will wheel it around,i see Glensfall race is the same weekend,hope it won't hurt attendence.i'll be in Granby for sure.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
269 Posts
Count me in for pro class. It WILL be my very last race in pan car division. I may go the TC3/TC4 way after that.

My 2 rollers ( L4 and an old TRC) are up for sale plus all parts that fit including a body and all mounted tires I still have.

Stephane Courchesne
Drummond,Quebec

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Circuit GT Granby
CAN-AM CHALLENGE

Just talked to Eric Bastille today and the Sportsman Pro and Sportsman Trucks will also be part of the official class lineup. Here is goes!

KASCAR PRO: 4 cell 1/10 scale pan car, all tagged 27 turns (binary 4 mags allowed), NASCAR bodies, 4200mah max for batteries, 1135 grams (2.8 oz.)with transponder.

KASCAR 1/12: 4 cell 1/12 scale pan car, NASCAR type bodies with rear wing, all tagged 27 turn motors (binary 4 mags allowed), 4200 mah batteries max.

PRO Sportsman: 4 cell 1/10 scale pan car, 27 turn purple endbell chrome can handout type motors provided and maintained by the racer, NASCAR body, 3800mah batteries max, 1135 grams with transponder.

Sportsman TRUCK: 4 cell 1/10 pan car, Green Machine handout provided by the Plattsburgh LAKE CITY RC CLUB on race day and controlled by LAKE CITY RC CLUB rules with 1.40 rollout max , NASTRUCK bodies, 3300mah max, 1135 grams with transponder.

KASCAR 540: 4 cell 1/10 pan car, NASCAR bodies Mabuchi 540 motors, 3800mah max.

Registration fees: 30$CAN for 1st entry and 15$ for additional entries per driver. If registration is made on or before Saturday February 25th, the racer will pay 25$CAN for 1st entry and 10$ for additional entries per driver.

Any other classes welcome. However, for a class to be awarded trophies, a minimum of 5 drivers must be signed up in that class on or before the 25th of February.

For registration:
Éric Bastille, president: 450 776-3730, [email protected]

***HORAIRE / SCHEDULE***

Pratiques de semaine 10h à 22h:
mercredi en Ovale
Jeudi et vendredi Routier

Weekly practice 10am to 10pm:
Wednesday Oval
Thursday Friday Road Course

SAMEDI / SATURDAY
Challenge Can-Am Routier
Can-Am Road Course Challenge

7h00 am Pratiques libres / open practice
8h30 am Limite inscriptions / registration deadline
9h20 am PISTE FERMÉE / TRACK CLOSED
9h30 am Temps chronométrés / time trials
10h00 am ‘HAPPY HOUR’: dernière pratique / last chance practice
10h50 am PISTE FERMÉE / TRACK CLOSED
11h00 am Réunion des pilotes / drivers meeting
11h30 am Début des qualifications / start of heats

Il y aura une demie heure d’intermission entre la dernière ronde de qualifications et les finales. La piste sera transformée en ovale pour pratiques suite à la conclusion du programme routier et sera ouverte jusqu’à 11h00 pm.

There will be a half hour intermission between the last round of heats and the mains. The track will be switched over to Oval after the road course program is done and will be open for practice until 11h00 pm

DIMANCHE / DIMANCHE
Challenge Can-Am Ovale
Can-Am Oval Challenge

7h00 am Pratiques libres / open practice
9h00 am Limite inscriptions / registration deadline
9h50 am PISTE FERMÉE / TRACK CLOSED
10h00 am Temps chronométrés / time trials
10h30 am ‘HAPPY HOUR’: dernière pratique / last chance practice
11h20 am PISTE FERMÉE / TRACK CLOSED
11h30 am Réunion des pilotes / drivers meeting
12h00 am Début des qualifications / start of heats

See you there!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Patrick,there is no extra fee for the sportsman truck class,but there's a rollout rule in both classes 1.40,your track is almost a twin to Plattsbugh. should be lots of fun.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You're right.

Granby and Plattsburgh are quite similar in run line. Might as well use the same rollout.

Could you tell me what the weight rule is for 1/12? I forget every year. Did you say Glens Falls was the same weekend too? I followed Tommygun's calendar religiously to try to figure out the best date that doesn't conflict with anybody. Didn't see Glens Falls in there, oh well, we can't please everybody. We should have a great crowd just the same, especially with the Sportsman pros and trucks!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to Mighty Midget for spreading the word on the Can-Am. The Lake City RC Club has always been a supporter of this event and it's well appreciated.

Just a reminder, if you plan on coming up and you do all your registration on or before the 25th of February you will save 5$ PER REGISTRATION. That means if you run 2 classes you'll pay 25$ for the 1st one and 10$ for the second one. Average that out and it comes out to 17.50$ per car entered, CANADIAN!!! Wow, now that's dirt cheap for a trophy race with door prizes!

Just call Eric Bastille at 450-776-3730 or email him at [email protected]

For those who ask about food on race day there are tons of restaurants, rotisseries and pizzerias nearby and we can give you plenty of numbers of places who deliver.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Like to thank the Granby group for puting on a great race , Had fun and some real close racing in all three classes.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Had a great time yesterday,congrads to Patrick Trottier on his win and to Mitch Jock on breaking track record in the heat race.
the A main Kascar pro results were

1 Patrick Trottier
2 Mitch Jock
3 Dan Dubuque
4 Alex Demeris
5 Tony Stewart guy(sorry for spinning you in the first heat)don't no his name?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 20 car is Joel Morrissette. Don't worry, he always has something to growl about. I would've lifted a little if I were him, I mean it was a heat race. Save the hard racing for the main!

Dan your car was pretty fast! You gotta mention the awesome race Neil Hanson and Nick Markwell put on in the Sportsman Main. Thanks to the Plattsburgh crew for handing out the motors.

Ben the Old Man was fast in the 1/12th scale. Too bad about Tony breaking his body post in the main I think he had something for Ben in the main.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts