Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start making plans for the 4th Annual Autumn Blast to be held at Lake City R/C Speedway November 28th in Plattsburgh NY,one of the toughest short tracks in the northeast.let's get a roll call going.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Can't wait

What time does racing start? Single car qualifying to set up the heats might be fun to try during one of these bigger events.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys if i can figure out how to do it on the computer.i have no problem setting up the heats that way,i won't do it for all the classes just the 17.5 and COT and 13.5 if we get a lot of racers in that class.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
We used to use a light trap to single car qualify. Setup as a 5 minute race and run as many as you can for 3 laps in that time..right?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I saw it done once, this summer on dirt. It was fun. Gives it a more realistic feel. Didn't take too long, about 20 seconds per racer. I think they just set the computer on practice mode, printed out a order in which to qualify, each racer got two laps, I think they just wrote down the best lap then sorted the heats by that. Mr. christmas set fast time then it was all downhill from there, lol.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If everyone remembers we use to do that at the Salvation army with the old counting system,so it's nothing new to us,just got figure out how to do it on this system.i will look in to it tomorrow.Bob is right we will have to start doing this early so it will cut in to practice time.i believe the race is starting earlier that day anyways,Neil can confirm this.

·
Registered
737 Posts
we used to do 3 lap qualifying runs at the track i had in Chateaugay and it seemed to work out very well. Time was the only drawback. If everyone is ready to go when they are up it doesn't take long but if some guys aren't ready then you have to go back in the program and that is what took all the extra time. Can't wait for this race it's always a good one!! I think you will have to run a 92 @ 502 to make the A in 17.5 ??

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
this is going to be the where u want to race on the 28 this is the toughest little short track in the northeast if u arent here your not racing bump for a great track and great racing

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
There will practice on Friday before the Autumn Blast , Doors open on Saturday at 8 am with racing starting at 1 pm. Should be some great close racing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts