Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the novak 4300 and SS esc combo that is around 170. caught my eye the other day. is it worth that and what is it like.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
The 4300 motor is great the controller is junk. Spend the extra money and get the GTB, you won't be sorry.

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
Hey bud... We're running mostly 4300 brushless here in the Midwest (or 13.5's are also getting very popular) As far as the SS & 4300 combo... I've read on here many times that the "SS" series of speed control is either on it's way out, or already gone. (Also heard Novak will exchange a NEW SS for a GTB for $30, butnot sure if that's true...) I started in brushless with a SS+/5800 combo- only one track last year ran that (it was ALL you could run) With the popularity of the 4300/any speedo, I grabbed a 4300 and ran it with the SS+. Then, I bought a GTB- and frankly, I seen about no difference. BUT- the SS+ would get warm, where the GTB I'm now running with the heatsink & fan off, and covering the top with a piece of lexan. Even with that- 100 degrees MAX. Over a five-minute race, the car didn't lose it's smoke from ESC heat. My advice, the GTB's a little more expensive, but WELL worth the price. They also have the "four-cell" version now... GTB also has a brushed mode- while it's inconvenient to switch, it's better than exchanging speed controls all the time....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts