Hobbyist Forums banner

4200 run time

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  NCFRC 
#1 ·
just curious as to what you guys get for run times with your 4200 at a 30 amp discharge rate?

#4 · (Edited)
Recently, a group of racers including myself had an enduro race with pancars.
We had 5 teams with 3 drivers per teams. Each team consisted of one 4300 BL car and 2 13.5 BL cars.
I was able to run my 13.5 car for over 8 minutes before I pitted to switch out with the next car. I was still pretty fast at the 8 minute mark but some of the other 13.5 guys had already pitted and I was starting to get passed by 13.5 cars with a fresh charge.

The goal was 600 laps. And the first car out had to be a 13.5 car.

It was the most fun I'd had in a while and it really put the 4200's to a unique test.

#11 ·
I don't want to get this thread into a discharger or equalizer debate BUT I've seem much better results with the last batch of 3800's and the new WC 4200's if you use a tray that the lights go out around .70 -.80 per cell and remove after just a couple minutes .
The days of the 0-30 for the new nimh's is over as the lights go out at .25 volt.

Whats your IR
Whats your voltage at 240 sec
How long are your races

Don't discharge after you race
Never discharge below 1 volt per cell at a high rate [ 30 + amps ]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.