Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
That is cool!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been wanting to do something similar but just haven't accumulated the pieces yet. My game plan is to butcher L&J track, but it'll cost me 4 intersections to make the X. Looks like I'll have to make 6" terminal tracks too!!

Why can't I hit the lottery??? I have a slick track plan in my head, but no fundage to make it happen! :cry:

·
Registered
460 Posts
You can do this with L&J track if you cut the side piece off of two intersection pieces and put them together. It's a little more work, but it can be done. Or you can use the Atlas crossovers with a L&J track by using the Atlas combining sections tracks that join Atlas track to Aurora track. I like the Atlas track...looks good!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Actually tuffone, I did exactly what you suggested a few years back. Just cutting off one side piece makes a 4 lane X 2 lane. To make a 4 X 4 you'll need 4 intersection tracks, and you'll need to cut off 2 adjoining legs off of 4 tracks and then mate the whole thing together. Easiest way to tackle that project is to do a pair of intersections at a time, repeat, and then join both 2 X 4s together.

One other thing to think about when you're doing this with L&J. You'll notice on each intersection track that one lane has the rail lowered so your tires roll through smoothly. The other direction you have to drive over the rail, which makes it quite bumpy. If you lay out your track beforehand, try to rotate the tracks so you only have to deal with the bumps on one of the two tracks in each lane in each direction. If you're careful, you can grind down the interfering rail, but it's really easy to mar up the track.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am asking $250.00 for it because it is better than the Model Motoring track that my good Buddy sold on e-bay!!!

Joe

hahRahahOahahNah

1 - 14 of 14 Posts