Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Steve,

When you clean out your motor, i take it you are leaving the brushes in? do u ever use a comm stick? do you spray out the motor while you are running it w/ the dremel tool?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
you should not take your brushes out of the motor unless you are going to replace them and cut your comm.
you can also run the motor @ 2 volts and spray it out with "real" motor spray

alan behler
www.sureshotracing.com

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
rcavenger said:
Steve,

When you clean out your motor, i take it you are leaving the brushes in? do u ever use a comm stick? do you spray out the motor while you are running it w/ the dremel tool?
I leave the brushes in, spin the motor (counter clockwise) and spray out the motor while it's running.

I haven't use a comm stick in years.

Steve.

·
Registered
394 Posts
A lot of guys at our track and I take the brushes out and use a Q-tip to clean the brush face and comm, is this bad? What should the proper precedure be?

Justin #29

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Justin_29 said:
A lot of guys at our track and I take the brushes out and use a Q-tip to clean the brush face and comm, is this bad? What should the proper precedure be?

Justin #29
I leave the brushes in, spin the motor (counter clockwise) and spray out the motor while it's running. Works for me.

Steve.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i never take the bruishes out unless i rebuild.. al u have to do is take the wire from the screw to the capacitor off.. then the comm stick fits right in..

i break in my motors at 1 volt for 30 seconds... the lower amps seem to break them in faster. the motor is working harder to keep spinning, but not enough power to muck up the brushes... i hate every single comm drop out... in my opinion it does nothing fotr performance... people make all kinds of claims, but my best runs are on dry motors....

if i have a good set of brushes i will re serrate them until they are no good... and they seem to get better every run... if they were worse i would not reuse them...

hurricane golds love to be re serrated as do putnam greens... try serrating a brand new pair off 767's.. do it right over the serrations on them alreay.. then break in.. the motor should pull 12 amps at 2 volts... and have plenty of rip...

also my buddy has been running the built drops.. he gets 10-15 runs out of his 19 turns... no cleaning.. after his 11th run it was the best.. pulled a 109 on the fantom... the built drops are deisel fuel as far as i can tell. we used deisel fuel and had the exact same results...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Burbs.A tad off topic by what serrator do you use that(LASTS) cutting putman brushes.Bit goes dull as butter after a few pair.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
i belive it is the promatch or the xxip bit. cant remeber... whichever one serrates better i got.. i havent noticed any problems with it dulling.. putnam greens are very soft... my serrator stil cuts like new ....as do all my buds.. i never heard of one going soft like u say...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts