Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one running the 4 cell GTB yet. Just got mine in and going to run it this weekend, was wondering what people thought about it.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
A friend of mine had one at the track last Saturday. It worked fine. I don't think you will find much difference in performance from the regular GTB.

I'll probably get one sooner or later though.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
OvalTrucker: take a look at the LRP'07, awesome punch. maybe this time around they got it right or is it left ?.............. :tongue:

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
abdule,
Are you running the '07? I sent my COMP to KA-LEE-FOR-KNEE-UH. (Arnold's pronunciation).

We'll see how that deal goes before I think about another LRP.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Yes.................3 nights of racing.........awesome so far, maybe I shouldn't have said "so far".........using a 13.5 motor......... :hat:

·
Registered
450 Posts
JasonAB25 said:
Like it, but wish the wiring harness to the rx was longer
Does the harness plug in like the orig GTB. I lost my longer harness for my GTB and stole one from a spare SS that I had

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Yeah ...that is the one thing I don't like about the new 4 cell GTB. They hardwired the receiver harness and switch. Plus they used a short wire. I unsoldered the harness and soldered in some pins so it's like the origanl GTB. For me, that works better.

RC

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
The other thing that i was disappointed about was that they used the BIG honking cap on it. I was expecting the samller cap to be used. As soon as i get to Radio Shack, I'm going to pick up a smaller one and swap it out. Think that'll be on my list to do today.

RC

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
ICEMAN96 said:
Has anyone bought a Novak GTB/SS 10.5 Pro Brushless System 3010...ARE THEY ON THE MARKET YET.

Should be available Mid-March. It's makes it nice that we will soon New Brushless racers will have an all in one purchase.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
parrott88 said:
has anyone ran the 4-cell GTB with the cap removed like people are running the reg. GTB?
The 4 cell GTB is electrically the same as the old GTB, so it should react the same to having the cap removed.

As an editorial, I have not and would not remove the cap on my GTB. Though many people do it with no ill effects I have to wonder if doing this has resulted in speedo failures for some.

Charlie from Novak has said that the cap increases performance and helps protect the ESC. That is good enough reason for me to find space for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts