Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys i wanna get a fast motor to mess around with. should i go with the novak 4.5 or 3.5. which one is faster. are they good motors? umm any problems to be had? i have the gtb speedo. umm also how much lower would you gear to start out with compared to a 4300. running a 2.60 rollout with the 4300. what kinda of temps? also compared to a brushed motor what turns are they relative to? thanks!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Someone a while back posted a rule of thumb that:

equivalent brushed motor turns = (brushless motor turns X 2) - 3 (or 2)

So a 3.5 would be about a 4 to 5 turn and a 4.5 would be a 6 to 7 turn brushed motor equivalent.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
3.5 works the best for most tracks. (4.5 maybe on a low-bite short track)

Gear it like a hot 6T 1.00-1.15 Roll-out should get you close.

The motor will run pretty cool, mine is usually under 110 degrees. It is a little harder on the ESC. Make sure you have good air flow to the heat sink and run the power cap.

Also put about -30 Expo on your throttle it will make it much easier to drive.

Hold on because they rip!!!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Ive run my 3.5 with heatsink but no fan and never had it shut down.. ?? However Ive not tried it on say a 200+ runline track.. But Ive run it on tracks from 120' to 170' without problems..

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW i got the 4.5 just to be a little causious. and it is ballistic! way to fast for my track and thats exactly what i wanted. just somthing to play around with. i do this stuff for fun and i considering bein very fast is fun :) thanks for all the info! my next motor will be the 3.5 though. probly not for a bit though. also everyone that seen the car with the motor in got very interested in the brushless technology :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
4.5 brushless

Gear that sucker down and let,er RIP! Makes good run-time.Have run 5 min. with 3800 packs on shorter tracks (200') with no problem!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts