Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Great news for Irwin Allen fans. Let's hope the pattern makers get it right.

One question... do we know for certain the aforementioned Seaview will be injection-molded?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it certainly began life as an injection molded project; details will be forthcoming but I think I can confidently say it will be an injection molded kit.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I've been wanting a kit like this almost as long as my 1:350th TOS E, though no where near as desperately.

If it's an injection kit that sells for a reasonable price I'll be sure to buy at least 2 or more.

Any idea of estimated cost or better ETA?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope that the kits will be under the 30$ dollar range and will be availble in Canada. Also I hope there will be a more detailed kit on the Time Tunnel kits as previous ones.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW Carson, remember that DVD project I told you I worked on a couple of years ago when we talked at Comic Con? Well it's finally coming out in June I hear--I actually wound up doing a second commentary for it with some other people too. So those, er, photographs we discussed will finally be put up on my flickr page in a a couple of months.

What, me coy?

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
This is excellent news. At that scale there will be some nice options for interiors and variations. Since there is mention of the inclusion of a flying sub, this will be the later TV version of the sub. It would be great to have the option of building the movie/first TV season version as well. Sell more kits that way!

I couldn't be happier. I seriously doubt, though, that this kit will retail anywhere near $100. The PL C-57D saucer kit had a lot more plastic than this one is likely to have and it only retailed in the $35-40 range. Even the recent Revell 1/72 scale sub kits sell well below $100.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
So will this be a "mass market" kit though?

If it's injection molded and had the same distribution that PL had I'd say the kits would go for about $50 bucks.

But I doubt they'll have the same distribution, so I can see paying $100 per kit, especially if it's injection molded.

Any more pricing guesstimates, jbond or anyone else?

·
Registered
360 Posts
So what's the story behind Moebius Models?

These kits would take some serious capitol to bring to market.
Does Moebius have the molds?
Where are the kits going to be produced?

I've seen so many false starts, it's really hard to take this at face value.
I'm sure you guys understand.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Atemylunch said:
So what's the story behind Moebius Models?

These kits would take some serious capitol to bring to market.
Does Moebius have the molds?
Where are the kits going to be produced?

I've seen so many false starts, it's really hard to take this at face value.
I'm sure you guys understand.
Considering it would cost hundreds of thousands of bucks for Chinese-made injection molds I get where you are coming from.

And that's not even considering licensing fees.

I too want more info.

I think I'd be more at ease and enthusiastic about the chances of this ever getting done had "Moebius" advertised her as a Resin GKit then as a injection molded licensed kit.

Who knows, maybe "Moebius" has a spare half mill just laying around.

But more info would be encouraging.

I'm still hopefull, but a website does not a ready-to-ship-model make.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Upon another close review of the website,

NOT A SINGLE KIT LISTED IS READY TO SHIP. EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS "COMING IN THE SPRING" OR SOME OTHER FUTURE DATE.

Oh well, when you guys start shipping something, or at the very least have prototypes done(not photos of old models that have yet to be redone), please let us know.

Time to file this thread with the other Lubliner Seaview threads.

I.E. really exciting project from a really great guy that has never and probably will never get off the ground.

(With all due respect, it is not that the Lubliner Seaview projects were not non-starters due understandible personal reasons. The fact remains they went nowhere.)

Contact us again when something is ready to ship please.

·
Starship Class
12,051 Posts
Is this the Lubliner Seaview that Moebius is about to release??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I painfully recall the frustrating SciFi Metropolis J2 let-down, but who knows? Maybe Moebius isn't the same kind of flake? Afterall, by securing the liscensing agreement with Synthesis, maybe he actually DOES have a half-mil sitting around!
I recommend that we take a wait-and-see approach; if nothing is announced (& hopefully shipping) by October, we'll know where we stand. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.