Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
different base plates, notch cutout and straight rear engine area.
different lettering space, slash size areas and different spring sizes.

different rear engine casting, with gray and silver metal.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Does Mountain have the blue, green and yellow cars from the short run 4 color game set? I just have the twin pack version of this -I wish I had bought more twin packs when I had the chance :confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don’t have them in those colors. maybe it was the 24 team matchbox in those colors ?
i have the green and yellow versions. i remember hearing the blue and yellow were pre productions and then they appeared loose and in sets. i don’t know if this is correct, i recall seeing a list that had the red, blue, green and yellow 24 with the team matchbox g-4

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Moutain said:
don’t have them in those colors. maybe it was the 24 team matchbox in those colors ?
i have the green and yellow versions. i remember hearing the blue and yellow were pre productions and then they appeared loose and in sets. i don’t know if this is correct, i recall seeing a list that had the red, blue, green and yellow 24 with the team matchbox g-4
I have to admit that i cannot tell the 24 team Matchbox from the 36 Formula 5000 when they are both metallic red and viewed from the baseplate -I have seen pics of the game with all 4 different color cars, but perhaps they are more common in europe.I hardly looked at new Lesneys after 1975, so these later castings dont mean much to me, although I do remember summer of 1976 seeing & buying the new issue no 4 Pontiac Firebird for sale in a tourist shop on a car ferry.The only other Lesneys that I bought new as a child were the 39 brown Porsche, 66 Ford Transit and 1 Dodge Challenger.But 1977-78 were my years for collecting some rw & transitional sf, and c1970 Corgis from older brothers of school friends - getting a red rw 22 Pontiac GP was probably my collecting highlight of 1977-I had never noticed or seen this in the metal before 1977

1 - 4 of 4 Posts