Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

When I first tried to put it together the back looked wat too high, then I realized it is
designed to have the rear of the chassis tucked under the mounting tab.

Then I saw that it didn't fit long or short wheelbase chassis set up. It wanted medium, so I
used the middle hole. This put the chassis too low. So I opened up all the holes in the chassis
and glued pieces of plastic on the inside and made new holes.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next I noticed the rear tires were rubbing on the wheel wells, so I tried opening them up. The more I opened
them the lower the chassis sat and the tires still rubbed. So I added a piece of plastic to the rear of the
chassis so I can snug it to the body and keep the tires away from the tires.

All said and done this was a nice little project and this is an awsome little car. However I doubt that I
can race it anywhere with all the chassis mods. I am having a blast with it on my track though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You certainly got a good deal overall, but I was surprised at the high shipping cost on that auction. That might have put off some bidders. That body should be long wheelbase on a T-Jet, however on a JL chassis...as you found out, it doesn't work that well. Also I noticed you are using the long BSRT ski shoes...most clubs have banned them because of shorting problems when spinning out. Have you had any difficulty? I like the BSRT 504 series shoes.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magnuts,

Your comment about high shipping didn't sound right to me so I looked at the auction again because I didn't recall high shipping and sure enough it says $7.00 shipping and then it says $5.70 below. The kicker is I was only charged $3.85 for Priority Mail for a total of $5.60 and I got it super quick.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
You lucked out. I had seen it but decided against a bid after seeing the shipping. May have just been an oversight from the seller. Congrats! Nice looker!! :thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well, you certainly did get the deal...The seller blew that one though, he might have attracted more bids with the actual Priority Mail cost. I tried going with a buck for shipping on last batch of auctions, I'm not sure if it really succeeded in attracting more bids, over just using our normal Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation rate on the brp website: http://sky.prohosting.com/horacer/brp/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts