Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is intended as an announcement thread for any products not produced by Round Two for the 'Grey Lady'.

So along those lines a request:

Someone get to work on additional Type 7 shuttles for the Hangar Bay with decal markings!

Jamie at Round 2 said any extra vehicles will have to be handled by aftermarket, unlike the 350 Refit ,
additional vehicles were overlooked in all the exitement. They were missed for the parts pack as well.
The shuttle parts are located on different sprues in the main kit , effectively making the parts unavalable through Customer Service as spare parts, so forget that idea if any of you are thinking of trying to order them. The Constitution class starship carried three shuttles aboard as their normal allotment. With the Bay being shortened for the kit ,extras may crowd the Bay, but even a second shuttle would be welcomed.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
painting templates

I plan on releasing a set of painting masks for:

the hull sections of the saucer (as defined by the gridlines)
the windows
The rust ring
The gray shapes on the underside of the nacelles

anything else you'd like to see?

Lou
Aztek Dummy

·
Premium Member
736 Posts

the windows
The rust ring

Lou
Aztek Dummy
The masks for the windows alone will be invaluable!
I was hoping you would announce this!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts

the windows
The rust ring

Lou
Aztek Dummy
Painting masks for the saucer...as in aztec?

I'd go in for a complete aztec set.

Agreed, the window masks are a goodie.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
A tube of putty and some thin strips of duct tape? :p
The left half of the neck with no windows at all, left half of the secondary hull with no windows and no boxlike structure at the deflector housing, left half of the starboard nacelle with no trench, little extension cords coming out of the nacelles and secondary hull, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The left half of the neck with no windows at all, left half of the secondary hull with no windows and no boxlike structure at the deflector housing, left half of the starboard nacelle with no trench, little extension cords coming out of the nacelles and secondary hull, that sort of thing.
Don't forget the filming stand with pan/tilt mount and a roll blue backdrop. Maybe even a scale clapper board.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'll be needing a set of the window masks for sure. Please keep us posted as to when this will be avaialable. I'll need a set imediatley!
Lou- Anyway to put me down for one set as it will be an essential purchase? I'd hate to have to wait for a second run.
James Webb

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Here are a few more aftermarket products that I think might be useful to modelers:

1 - An alpha-numeric decal set which includes lots of NCC and a set of NX prefixes. All in the correct fonts (series font with alternate pilot characters) in scale point sizes that match the kit decals. This would be different than the additional registries decal set offered by Round 2, in that the majority of the decals would be just numbers and letters, rather than names.

2 - A second optional decal set would be the Franz Joseph Tech Manual ship names and registries, with a choice of either the 'block' style font of the original series or the Microgramma Bold Extended as in the manual.

3 - Photo-etched stainless steel engine grilles as an alternate or replacement for the photo etch brass - removing the need to paint the brass with a natural metal-looking paint.

4 - Navigation lights-only circuit board with LEDs that have selectable on-off rates to satisfy an individual modeler's taste:
Rate 1: 1/2 second "on", 1-1/2 seconds "off".
Rate 2: 1 second "on", 1 second "off".
Rate 3: 1-1/2 seconds "on", 1/2 second "off". (my preferred rate)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts