Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hey Scratch, that is another fine slot car :)

don't feel bad if alot of people look but don't respond. There are a few 1/32 slotters here ....or those of us with a handfull of 1/32 cars....but the majority of us here at HT seem to be HO scale guys.

Even still, sometimes even HO customs don't garnish alot of comments.....but it doesn't mean that it's not a sweet ride ;)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Very nice looking once again, love the plastic and metal work.

You want to get some folks real excited? Cast a coffin & put a seat in it. Mount it on a rail chassis with a blown V8 and some chrome pipes......

·
Registered
444 Posts
The car looks very sweet! Not sure it's a racer, but it's definitely a looker! Where did you get the engine, driver, and other assorted bits?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Origin of this list

I believe this slot car collecting forum was "spun off" from the JL Diecast list a few years ago, which was primarily a 1/64th (HO?) list. Lotsa diecast collectors/customizers didn't want to hear about the slot side of the diecast hobby.
Scroll through the forums, and you'll find a 1/32nd slot car forum. I personally don't mind seeing pics of well executed slots of any scale. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Real nice metal work, I was starting to believe soldering metal chassis was a lost art. Your work reassures me that it isn't. Keep up the great work on your cars. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Replies & pic . . .

roadrner, Thanks for the double thumbs up. Be careful if in Turkey, if actually did so a for a ride : )

zanza, Hi Switzerland, appreciate you stopping by . . .

Bill Hall, Yep, is a chick, that’s why the bright lips and such. Besides, cool cars and cool chicks works for most, right? Karl in the blue 32-Ford is on the lookout for her . . .

Ragnar, Yeah, like doing metal stuff, sometimes plastic just won’t cut it. Just have to learn use of torch, silver solder, several sets of second pair of hands, how to bend some metal stuff without pliers, such as bumpers. Bend by heating and hammering against an anvil, and so forth, do some brazing as well . . . Thanks for stopping by . . .

Cheers,
Jas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts