Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw one of these sets at Tuesday Morning (an overstock/clearance chain) for $39.99. So check 'em if you've got 'em if you're still looking for this set.
(I didn't buy the set I saw even though I think is was a good bargain, because I already have the ten cars that I wanted most from that set (bought as singles at reg price, of course!)

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Funny... I'd never heard of this store, so I checked online to see where they're located only to find one about three miles away from where we live! :eek:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Funny... I'd never heard of this store, so I checked online to see where they're located only to find one about three miles away from where we live! :eek:
Its a dumping zone where Retails Stores like Walmart - Target - Kmart re-sell what they couldn't sell in their Stores.... Sometime you find great prices and most of the time you find Retail Prices no different than what they were being sold in the BIG chain Stores a year prior.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Its a dumping zone where Retails Stores like Walmart - Target - Kmart re-sell what they couldn't sell in their Stores.... Sometime you find great prices and most of the time you find Retail Prices no different than what they were being sold in the BIG chain Stores a year prior.
Huh... And there's a Big Lots almost directly across the street from the place!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I agree ^^

They are like Grocery Outlet in a way, waaaayyyyy overemphasizing your "savings", while quite often it seems making you pay more than you would if you had found it on clearance at the store that originally had it.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
I bought a few GL there for $2.50 a few years ago but they just have Nascar 1/64 or Maisto PT Cruisers 1:18 (LOL)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts