Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
565 Posts
Great Scores Steve :thumbsup:, I saw them last night.

I was looking thru the dump bin at Wally and there was a little boy about 7 yrs old going thru it as well. I heard his mother say you can get 10 cars that is it and she walked away. I showed him the Altered Ego and said to him, this is pretty cool would you like this one? He said nawwwww I like the realistic looking cars, then I said I bet you don't have this one and showed him the 442 and he said oh no I do not have that one as he snatched it out of my hand and put it on his stack of cars, he was looking for a Ferrari and I found one and he was all excited and said ok I have my 10 cars now I better go find my mom, thank you helping me he said as he walked down the isle. I smiled and said your welcome...

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Awesome! Cool cars as well! Makes me wonder though. A 7 year old wouldn't fall for the Altered Ego, but I did. Gonna have to rethink my buying habits. :p
Great Scores Steve :thumbsup:, I saw them last night.

I was looking thru the dump bin at Wally and there was a little boy about 7 yrs old going thru it as well. I heard his mother say you can get 10 cars that is it and she walked away. I showed him the Altered Ego and said to him, this is pretty cool would you like this one? He said nawwwww I like the realistic looking cars, then I said I bet you don't have this one and showed him the 442 and he said oh no I do not have that one as he snatched it out of my hand and put it on his stack of cars, he was looking for a Ferrari and I found one and he was all excited and said ok I have my 10 cars now I better go find my mom, thank you helping me he said as he walked down the isle. I smiled and said your welcome...

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Nice of you to help out that kid, Shelly. But these days, I would NEVER walk away from my 7 year old in a store - too many kid snatchers! :eek:

·
Banned
565 Posts
Nice of you to help out that kid, Shelly. But these days, I would NEVER walk away from my 7 year old in a store - too many kid snatchers! :eek:
I know I thought the same thing, I don't even let my 13yr old out of my sight in the store either, she was standing next to me texting :rolleyes: while the little boy and myself looked thru the dum bin. Most importantly it was nice to see a little kid be so excited and passionate over his cars rather than seeing a scalper at the dump bin looking to see what they can find to make their next dollar. I wish I would of found a TH because I would of handed it to the boy and told him that is a special car.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
nice haul. i was thinking about grabbing that 442 but i prefer the fastback? version they released earlier in the year....i think you will turn that into a nice ride!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Very nice, the first one will look good next to the Fangula. As for the other two, I have both of them as Garage versions so I won't be buying the mainlines. I have a habit of trying to find the best version of a casting and then drop the rest. Bit odd, I know. Anyway, the white one can do with a wheel swap indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts