Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photobucket is acting up so there is no cropping or frames. Anyway..
Stopped at a thrift store today to see what they had.

a cool Matchbox and my first Siku

This caught my eye next
Matchbox Lesney

This is what I dream about. Rough but...

I almost lost it when I saw the second, but my heart quickly sank when I saw the roof. Still, all in all, not a bad $3.99 day.:)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to give it a shot. The grab bags here are usually all newer cars.I have never seen this stuff before. This was crazy mix. These, new cars, CARS cars etc. Other than what you see here, the rest went in a box for my nephew to play with.
Oh Heck Yeah! You can fix that roof!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great Finds!!

Awesome stuff, looks like a Value Village bag? No luck for me there this week on die cast but I hit it big in video games the other day!!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Awesome score!! $3.99 VERY well spent. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I can't tell from the pic angle on them but both those reds look like harder to find ones. First the bug. Does it have a sun roof? In the pic it looks like it doesn't. If not.........big score! On the Fleetside. You got a top pic? Looks like it may be a Sky Show Fleetside. Another tough one if so. :wave:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I repaired a Redline Evil Weevil with the same problem a few years back. I used a roll punch and a dead blow hammer. J/ust take your time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Awesome score!! $3.99 VERY well spent. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I can't tell from the pic angle on them but both those reds look like harder to find ones. First the bug. Does it have a sun roof? In the pic it looks like it doesn't. If not.........big score! On the Fleetside. You got a top pic? Looks like it may be a Sky Show Fleetside. Another tough one if so. :wave:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
will take some work but that roof can be fixed...be a cool one to restore, and you can get rivits that are very very close to the original online.. just search for some rivits and you will come across ones that look like lil mushrooms(much cheaper then ordering them from a redline resto shop) good haul and good luck!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
....Well done..!...awesome score for such a good price...look forward to seeing the ElCamino when you get 'er dun..!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts