Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20 hp intek briggs and after I run it for about 10 minutes it will start to backfire and sputter it will do this for a couple of minutes and then it will run fine for a few minutes and then back to sputtering. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sounds like you have trash in the carb or water. or an obstruction or pinch in the fuel line.check your tank,line,fuel filter , the whole fuel system :wave:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes I agree with jabbird. DO you haev a hard time starting it? Did this ever sit for alot of time? Old gas?Is this on a tractor or something? Ifit is, does it sputter when accelerating?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
this is on a john deere L118 I bought it new in 2004. never sat for a long time, and put sta-bil in it for the winter. yes sometimes hard to start. no trouble acelerating

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Several things come to mind, but I would check the engine ground and carburetor ground and make sure the fuel solenoid on the carburetor is working good. Check for possible water in the fuel and possibly the ignition module may be causing your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts