Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The second race of the RC-Oval Nitro Series gets underway on April 28th at The Carolina RC Race Center in Easley, S.C. Daytona was a blast but now it is time to concentrate on Easley.

Carolina RC is one of the best oval tracks on the East coast and it is always a pleasure to race there. Looking forward to seeing all of the nitro racers again.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It will be both.

After some discussion at the Daytona race, I have decided to add the .12's to our series because there are a lot of racers in our area that can't make all of the GASCAR races but still want to race their .12 cars. This is certainly not to compete with GASCAR in any way but only to give the .12's in our area a venue to race. This is why I am dropping the ".09" part of the series name.

Hopefully, by doing this, more nitro racers will get out and race and if this happens, it will benefit both our series and GASCAR. I still encourage all of the .12 racers to support GASCAR as well as the RC-Oval series. There is no such thing as too much racing LOL.

Another change is that there will be no Limited class this year. By running the .12's and the .09's this should cover all that want to race.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have enough White Lightning for the race at Easley so, series racers tune your cars accordingly this is what we will use for the race. Once this last supply is exhausted, we will switch to Blue Thunder HP8.

Also, we will go back to our normal race format; 5 minute IFMAR type qualifiers and a Lap main (75 if I remember correctly).

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Changing the series name? I want a new sticker!!!

Could I interest you in Sidewinder (morgan fuels) instead? Not a big Blue Thunder fan.

Also, I think getting rid of the limited class would be a huge mistake!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New stickers……cut off the .09 part! LOL

The new 20% Blue Thunder HP8 is supposed to be a direct replacement for White Lightning with 8% Caster oil but I am open to discussion on this. The series furnishes the fuel for racing (not practice) so I want to stay with the same fuel throughout the season. So this is something that needs to be decided NOW. This was not done at Daytona because we were “guest” there and followed Mike’s rules.

Limited class………we only had one entry last season for all of the races and only two at a few more of them and I have sold only one blue stinger so far this year to one person and he also bought a gold stinger. I have had NO orders from hobby shops for them at all. I don’t want to cut anyone out but I have found that the racers that get into Nitro racing are not “new” to RC and don’t want to start in an entry level type class. When we can’t make a full class, they have to race with the Open class and spend most of their race in the “high” groove trying to stay out of the way. This is not good racing for anyone.

However, if we have enough entries to form a “full” class, they can obviously race but (without trying to sound like a hard butt) they will have to commit to running the whole series before I will keep points and supply the “clock” at the end of the year for the winner of their class.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Cut off the .09, that's a frugal answer! lol I have not attended more than one .09 race so I did not know the situation with the blue stinger class, I thought there were more of them. I would run it on an as needed class as you said. The Sidewinder is 20% nitro and 10% castor oil and it's red. It's my favorite and I am a dealer but whatever you guys pick I will run.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frugal? Is that another word for "cheap" LOL I am in the process of redesigning the logo but it may take a while, it is not on the top of the to do list right now.

Why don't you bring up the fuel thing on the Oval thread.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully, if all goes well, we will be using the new "pace car" errrrrrr "truck" for the first time at the Easley race. I saw this down at the Custom Works dirt oval race and it really worked great to promote good starts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts