Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after alot of confusion and foot work..i can announce that the hobby world holiday race will be saturday november 11th at hobby world!

alot more details to come!
yes we will have a insane speed run!
yes we will have trophies 1-3 in every main!
yes the turkey will be back!
yes my girl friend and I will be cooking food on a hot grill all day!
yes we will have 3 rounds and a main for all!
yes some classes will have a cash bounty!
yes we will have a "special" BQ hat to wear!
yes we will have an open mod class!

this will be the last big race outdoors in florida until 2007!

please make plans now to attend!

the date was moved up to accomodate mike boylan and the renting of the min-reg building in tampa.
i hope the date change does not effect alot of you guys from coming up and having a blast!

saturday november 11th racing begins at 11 am 3 rounds and a main for all
trophies 1-3 in every class and every main event!
roar membership not required for this event!
if anyone wishes to donate to the raffle please contact me asap:

[email protected]
386-843-1477

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Cool !!!

I was just asking about the "Turkey Shootout" on my site,and stubbled upon it here,I will try to make it out again this year :cool: .

Kevin

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
rcovalracer said:
I was just asking about the "Turkey Shootout" on my site,and stubbled upon it here,I will try to make it out again this year :cool: .

Kevin
LOL Lee Helander & I were just talking about you last week! And we were discussing how much of a great time everybody had last year. You need to try & get over here and race more often-at least race w/us on Nov 11. I'm trying to get Stock Nastruck (short track) into this year's event,as we've been having a strong turnout for that class here lately (7-9 per night).
-George

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think next year will be a better year for racing here and there for me,but I defiantly want to make it out for the Nov. 11 event,had a blast last year,and don't forget I still have last year's pics. on my site.

Lee,if you have pit space again this year,I would like to join ya :dude: .

Hmm,nastruck on the short track,sounds like that could be some fun,might have both the 11th ;) .Hope to make it out sooner !!!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I've got some items for sale that anyone can use for this race or any other. No prices quoted on phone or e-mail . If it's a fair offer it will be accepted. anyone that has ever come to a garage sale know that.ESC- Novak GTX and Corally,Hudy lathe with diamond bit,Integy brush cutter, orion motor monitor,ass. springs,brushes , hood alignment, servos (Futaba -for 1/12th). When this Sunday from 11:00am-1:00pm only. I 've got to be some where by 1:30.You can call or e-mail for directions........Oh yes and a trailer 7x14.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Hmm,nastruck on the short track,sounds like that could be some fun,might have both the 11th ;) .Hope to make it out sooner !!!

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Can always make room, bring your Butt on over and have a little Fun. Nastrucks Fun,I hope KatFish or George? makes it a class for the Turkey race HINT HINT bring your stocker too we can Battle it out in the B

FREE NASTRUCK SET HELP!
: Bullit Proof your truck, bring some spare parts,be prepared for Gorrilla Warfare Short track racing hehehehehe Its not that bad heck of alot of Fun too :)

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Yeah let's have a Nastruck class for this one. I took mine off the shelf and raced it last week. It was way too fun. Oh note to self need thicker foam bumper and stronger body posts. Also stay far away from Venus :p

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
rcovalracer said:
I think next year will be a better year for racing here and there for me,but I defiantly want to make it out for the Nov. 11 event,had a blast last year,and don't forget I still have last year's pics. on my site.

Kevin
Kevin- Just seen your pics from last year again & noticed everyone wearing jackets & sweaters! LOL Hopefully,it won't get too nippley this year,but we're talking November..... BTW,you'll always have a pit space in the "chicken coop" if Lee doesn't show up. Our short track is kinda more along the lines of a Martinsville "paper clip" shape-2 dragstrips w/turns at each end.
-George

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nastruck with Lee,dang sure can't miss that :p ,I got some new titanium t-maxx bumpers I need to put to use,LOL.

I will have the stocker 4 sure,but I will be sure not to paint a flourescent red "PINK"car again,LOL.

Eugene,hope you got that transponder mounted to the hood on the truck when I get there :) .

See ya soon !!! :cool:

Kevin

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guys troy meredith wants me to inform you all that he plans on running open mod nov 11th and wants some guys to play with him.

billy bruce?
mike boylan?
pedanos?
who is going to join him for the fastest 4 minute race ever held at hobby world?

can you say 45 laps?

also the weather was picture perfect that day in november. maybe a high of 78 awesome racing weather!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
katf1sh said:
guys troy meredith wants me to inform you all that he plans on running open mod nov 11th and wants some guys to play with him.

billy bruce?
mike boylan?
pedanos?
who is going to join him for the fastest 4 minute race ever held at hobby world?

can you say 45 laps?

also the weather was picture perfect that day in november. maybe a high of 78 awesome racing weather!
Could also be the most deadliest 4 min race @ HW-next to the Insane Speed Run! Time to inspect the walls & maybe install a higher catch fence? LOL
I'll put my $$ on Tom Pedano to take that one.

If the weather on Nov 11 will be anything like we've been having here lately, we should see a repeat of last year's event. Hopefully bigger??? Hmmmm
-George

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ok i got some raffle prizes in..

ORC donated a ton of stuff for the raffle! bodies,brushes and t-plates galore
power push has donated 50.00 cash for pizza
more prizes to come!

more info this week! stay tuned

ok the list of sponsors is growing.

power push