Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got some questions. I hope they can be answered

1. I have read somewhere and now I can't find. Someone was talking about the motor (.26 Jl red dot) needing sealed up with copper rtv and I cant remember or where i seen it. If I am right. The carb needs resealed and the needles need teflon taped and then the backplate needs rtv as well. Please correct me if I am wrong

2. Fuel, I am running 20% now. The motor is running hot. I have had my LHS look at it and I think it is has to do with fuel, (they thought the same). I have read and been told to run 30% fuel in this motor. I dont know what is the best fuel now a days? I also have read to put in an extra head gasket so two head gaskets in this case.

3. I was also told to run colder plugs to try to correct the heat of this motor. I am really not sure what to run. My LHS has McCoy glow plugs.

4. I have been trying to find the factory needle settings for this truck. It has been sitting for a while and I want to break it in again so i know the sleeve isnt so tight.

5. I was putting around and my truck at higher rpms is not movin that fast, I tightend the slipper and it didnt do anything, so i was told it was my motor again.

This is all the main questions I really have. Any input would be great. I will be working on this truck all throughout winter and would like to work on it and get it going before winter here. I appreicate anyone who reads this and can put in some input. Thanks again
Kyle

·
Registered
304 Posts
i had a prob like that with a 3.3 trx motor. i would frist pull all the needles out of the cad. take the o rings off and replace. but before you do that soke all the parts the needles and cab in starter fuild for about 3 hours. when you go place it back on the motor i all was use teflon around the where the carb goes into the motor but copper rvt would work to. i would all so use the rvt on the head as well just to make shear its got a good sealed. for me any they that does not move but can be taken off get copper rvt. the needles all get teflon.

dont know how much you know about gas cars. but i know its about about your fule mix for your power. its its running slow the trun your high in clockwise. i all ways start at 3.5 truns out form closed on the high end and dead even with the low end. the do a pinch test. i count to 4 on the pinch test. and adjusted the low it. then do the high in after that. try and med hot,and a med cold plug as well.

hope you can under stand what im saying my spelling and wording is not the best. and hope this helps as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the reddot in my revo, Factory settings are flush on both, I run McCoys Med-hot in mine and run about 250-265.(try not to let temps control your tuning,be sure to have good smoke and 3second pinch test) I sealed the backplate and carb from new(red high temp silicone) and use team associated "Green Slime" to seal the needles(dont recommend teflon) Also I wouldn't recommend using silicone on the head gasket, just be sure to tighten the head screws alittle at a time and evenly. I use 20% sidewinders fuel. I love my Picco, it has tons of power and runs great for me. Just be sure you cut big enough cooling holes in your body and that will keep'er cool. Hope this helps and good luck. BTW I just reached 1 gallon on my reddot and it still seems to be waking up every time I run it, great motor IMO. All the best, Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts