Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sms88, i know you like the cortina, there is a nice little base plate and grill variation on the sf model :) .
big and small axle braces with different slash areas and different lettering positions.

different grill castings with raised and recessed grill lines.

all of the brown brown sf cortina i have are with raised grill lines.
while i had them out it looked like the picture on the box was different from one another, but I think it depends on which side of the box is facing you.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Moutain said:
sms88, i know you like the cortina, there is a nice little base plate and grill variation on the sf model :) .
big and small axle braces with different slash areas and different lettering positions.

different grill castings with raised and recessed grill lines.

all of the brown brown sf cortina i have are with raised grill lines.
while i had them out it looked like the picture on the box was different from one another, but I think it depends on which side of the box is facing you.
It is my all time Lesney favourite casting :thumbsup: Do either of your brown SF casings have the engraved trunk shut lines? This brown SF is top of my wants list -I will probaly fake this sometime this year because these routinely fetch $100 + near mint boxed, and a fake will cost $5 and 10 minutes :tongue: .My pair of blue SF are one of each base variation ,I also have one Bulgarian version of this, apparently there are at least 50 different body color/seat color/base color variations of the bulgarian no 25, and it was in production there longer than in England - a fine model well tooled!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i remember you mentioning the trunk lines on the rw version. i dug out a couple of more sf to check, i have a loose one or two somewhere too.
these four have the raised trunk lines . did the sf version have the engraved lines?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
4 brown SF and a few more loose :freak: can anybody on the planet have more genuine brown SF 25s than Mountain??????????
No Superfast Cortinas have ever been reported with engraved trunk shut lines which means the tooling was changed before the end of the RW run.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
somebody out there must have more. there have always been eager collectors, some not a member of any club. who knows what collections haven’t seen the light of day in many years.
some never wanted the limelight and just collected by their own guidelines. probably some good information contained in those collections too.

i tried to write down as many minor variations as i could with the superfast , whether it was in bulletins or word of mouth. some are very hard to photograph. :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This is not my photo, but what a cool variation that has been brought to my attention today on the other forum.Clearly cabs and baseplates are not interchangeable on these 2 SF fodens -a big tooling change on an about to be deleted model

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a good variation :thumbsup: early on i believe the left one was catalog as now having a full license plate.
do you know if the base on the right one has a pat. no.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts