Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TM-825. 25 Pcs Hi Speed Super Road Vehicles by Timmy Toys.
I purchased this set in the mid 80s at a variety store for $9.95AU which = $0.39AU each. Probably their true value. Crude resemblances to what they are supposed to represent. There are no interiors to speak of and all castings share one or all the faults associated with this price range. Obvious mold join lines, metal fragments, loose bases and axles. But they are playthings not intended for anything other than fun.

The set contains multiples of the same casting in the same or different livery and paint. Some of the tampos are interesting. For example the red Nissan Silvia has a hood graphic which was obviously designed for an 80s Camaro.

TM-6223. Formula Race Car.

TM-6225. Formula Race Car.

TM-6227. Formula Race Car.

TM-8223. Lamborghini Countach.

TM-8224. Lancia Stratos (Rally).

TM-8225. Porsche 911 Turbo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the Silvia.
Difficult to find Timmy Toys in any large quantity today. Given their, ahem, fragile nature, I guess that makes sense. Some of collecting friends scoff at my affinity for Timmy Toys (and similar diecast brands); but you can’t tell the whole story of diecast toys and ignore the Hong Kong/Chinese stuff. Nice to see them so lovingly photographed as well!

·
Administrator
47,511 Posts
IIRC @My Model World you probably dont have the packaging anymore. But if you do or have other images of the sides - it would be interesting to know if there is a specific date anywhere on it.

I did notice that both wheels patterns are different from most of the ones I remember seeing in the past. They were usually of the 5 slot type of design.

I also found a few reference to some of them being 'Panda Kee' and/or Polisti copies.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dates or additional info just the header 25 Pcs Hi Speed Super Road Vehicles on all 4 sides. Yes I still have the packaging. But not for much longer. Just don't have the storage for all these large sets packaged. Losing the cardboard and the castings are going to live with their brothers and sisters.

·
Administrator
47,511 Posts
Thanks for the update! Understand about the storage needs. I've turned most of mine into wall hangings but about to run out of room for that as well! 🤙

·
Administrator
47,511 Posts
No dates or additional info just the header 25 Pcs Hi Speed Super Road Vehicles on all 4 sides. Yes I still have the packaging. But not for much longer. Just don't have the storage for all these large sets packaged. Losing the cardboard and the castings are going to live with their brothers and sisters.
The part of the package lettering and yellow graphic in the background of your individual casting images above is from a different pack then? And not the Super Road Vehicles. (Just to clarify for future thread readers.)

·
Administrator
47,511 Posts
Looks like another logo to follow up with as well of an Italian distributor. And the UPC code format doesnt have the single digit on the right hand side - that will help pinpoint the 1991 year reference. 🤙

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Administrator
47,511 Posts
I gently removed the Jeep from its plastic tomb, and placed it into a jammers case. I didn’t notice it being too flimsy, but I am certainly not going to be sending it down a Hot Wheels track any time soon. View attachment 320634
Some more interesting wheel patterns to compare with other brands. The pointed 5 star pattern is really interesting. Many if not all the China makers either bought up, were given or shared different wheel sets over time so that doesnt always help pinpoint the actual makers but we do have the Shenzhen Eastwick and Gigi distributor names to go with these specific castings now! IIRC Shenzhen located factories are mentioned several times in The Diecast Encyclopedia and included in the brand histories summaries here at HobbyTalk.

If you did photo studies of any of them we would love to see them. I would be particularly interested in the bus, pick up and VW and Jeep especially. Base plate photos even more!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.