Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn't sleep last night I was so mad after some jerk chunked a cinder block through the 1/4 window of my 1:1 '56. :mad: One of these days I'm gonna catch one of these clowns and they'll reap the whirlwind.

But to calm down I started this project. When the 240Z came out in 70 it wasn't long before they started getting wrecked and there was parts to work with. A group out in California took the car to the next logical step. A convertable. When HW's came out with the Z I decided why not. That was months ago and I'm just now getting around to it what with the farm house renovation project I'm doing at present. Just haven't had much time.......'til your up at 3:00 AM Po'ed.

Started by cutting the top off with a jeweler's saw. This I used for the rear boot lid. J&B KWIK will smooth out the rough edges. (Something I found that works really well to smooth the J&B is Resses Penutbutter Cup Card boards. They conform really well to crowns and such. The Resses are pretty good too.) Ground down the head lamps. These will be filled with epoxy for covers.

click image to enlarge

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i like it. keep it going. and 55 cars i love so if you catch them give them one for me,,,, lil punks. ya just cant have anything nice.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I can't stand punks like that, give em a few whacks for me too if you catch them.

Hey, that Z car is looking great so far. Definitely finish it when you have time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Still lookin for a good place to take photos around the house. But this is the "Z Roadster." Shot it with fingernail polish and I'm not real happy with the results but I like the color. Need to thin it down a bit.
click image to enlarge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts