Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
2007 looks to be a good year at MPR.

We've added a "powder puff" division for the women and will have sprinters on a once or twice a month basis.

We race every Saturday except majoy holiday weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day).

Feel free to contact Dave Pirrello (DMP_SMOKE) or myself with any questions.

Regards,

Joe Brooks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,385 Posts
I hope to make a race @ MPR someday, nice track!

The MPR gang looks ready. (QSAC Photo Gallery) Some cool rides!

Any MPR Sprinters headed to the QSAC Dirt Nats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
898 Posts
Hey Dave and Joe, how is it over there? IS there going to be a novice class, Zach is going to be racing this year when we get started. I am not sure about telling my wife about the "Powder Puff Class" Shes already said that she may race Zachs car instead of him and she doesn't know about the your class yet. This could lead to a 3 cars stable, my aching checking account.

MPR is a fun track and those guys are always willing to help. I usually have a rough time (I can still hear my car hit the board in corner 1) when I went there last year but I kept going. They always had a full field of Sportsmen cars right around 10, that even makes it more fun and I am still trying to figure out how they get so fast, They would even grill up some burgers for everyone and take a break to shot the bull over the burgers, I was usually fixing my car though. If you get a chance I would say its worth the drive to MPR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
Dizzy-

Waiting for the snow to clear.

Not sure about the Novice class, but bring him along. He'll get track time one way or another as we all need to start somewhere.

With regard to the wife..., Bob Houin has a three race old WCM for sale..., could be a "new for you" car for the stable in the Powder Puff division. :)

Hope to see you at MPR.

Feel free to email if you like.

Regards,
Joe

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
DMP_SMOKE said:
Midwest Nats. June 23rd
Anderson & Hargrave Memorial Race April 28th
Tri State #3 Sept 29th
Fred and I want to know if the sprinters are gonna run at the Anderson Hargrave Memorial Race ? Can't think of a better way to spend my B- Day . If so that would be three trips to MPR this year .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
Randy Baker said:
Fred and I want to know if the sprinters are gonna run at the Anderson Hargrave Memorial Race ? Can't think of a better way to spend my B- Day . If so that would be three trips to MPR this year .
Randy

Email has been sent your way. Dave P. said he would welcome the Sprinters for the Memorial Race; just need to make sure we have enough that day.

Regards,
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
IN2RACIN said:
I hope to make a race @ MPR someday, nice track!

The MPR gang looks ready. (QSAC Photo Gallery) Some cool rides!

Any MPR Sprinters headed to the QSAC Dirt Nats?
Not sure about the other guys, but I will not be able to attend. I would love to run on the dirt. Dirt is the ONLY true way to race.

Thanks,
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave

Bob Elliott will be there , trying to ck with others Larry Hopson, Bob Houin, Roger Newell, can someone ck with Wes Hatton
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Joe did I ever tell you about the time at the Midwest Nationals that I ........

That’s right you know. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
Sonny B said:
Joe did I ever tell you about the time at the Midwest Nationals that I ........

That’s right you know. :wave:
My therapist said that I need to leave the happenings of yesterday exactly where they took place and to move forward.

Thanks for ruining over five years of therapy... :(

You had better help me with my brushless program this coming fall.

JB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
Joe39 said:
My therapist said that I need to leave the happenings of yesterday exactly where they took place and to move forward.

Thanks for ruining over five years of therapy... :(

You had better help me with my brushless program this coming fall.

JB
Joe there is only one form of usefull therapy , take that sprinter of yours when you get it ready down the straight full throttle , don't turn till ya see Jesus and don't lift till ya see God . That will clear your head up . Oh by the way dirt is for plantin taters and loads of fun for playing on .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
Joe39 said:
Not sure about the other guys, but I will not be able to attend. I would love to run on the dirt. Dirt is the ONLY true way to race.

Thanks,
Joe
Dirt is fer farmin, asphalt is for racing on, and try not to forget that!!!...
I thought we deceided this years ago "JB"!!!...


Dave D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
dangerousdave said:
Dirt is fer farmin, asphalt is for racing on, and try not to forget that!!!...
I thought we deceided this years ago "JB"!!!...


Dave D
If "we" is you and your plaid sheet enjoyin' friend Butch Thompson, then I am sure "we" did decide that. ;)

But not "we" as in you and me. I still like dirt oval; it's what I was raised on. Dirt Late Models and Dirt Midgets (not you Pirrello). :)

Joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
952 Posts
Ok, Here's the thing, I can see using tear offs if you're in the car, but on the drivers stand? come on. Too close to da dirt. I get enough fiber in my diet without adding grit to it...lol

I did my share of street stock racing in the dirt. When it was dirt at Owasso and also Merit Speedway... I have to admit, that was fun.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
Now JB if I remember correctly it was you and Mr. Thompson that went sheet shopping,He just drove for me. What did he do for you!!!...

Dave D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
dangerousdave said:
Now JB if I remember correctly it was you and Mr. Thompson that went sheet shopping,He just drove for me. What did he do for you!!!...

Dave D
Man, oh, man..., I've got Sonny Brown dreaming that it is still 2002 and he is winning the NCS at MPR and I've got you dreaming some twisted dream about plaid sheets.

Next thing you know, Dave Dygon is going to bring back a long-time QSAC favorite which was originally brought to you by another "famous" MPR regular...

TRAILER TALK, with Dave Dygon...

I can hear Dave Pirrello now... "Oh, god I hope that's not Butch T, Oh, god I hope that's not Butch T".

;)

2007 is going to be a year to remember at MPR. I just hope I can make it to the track. :p

Joe
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top