Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
45,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up last weekend at the last toy show. The 3 other castings are the '64 Nova Wagon Gasser, Fiat 500 and the Rigor Motor. Since these are my 2 favorite castings to collect I cherry picked them from the opened 5 pack.

I really like the orange color on the 'Vette and the tampoprint is a pattern I have not seen on Hot Wheels or 1:1 Corvette that I can remember.

It is also odd to see the Bone Shaker without a chromed front grill skull!

2022 Hot Wheels HW Exposed Engines 5 Pack
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2022 Hot Wheels HW Exposed Engines 5 Pack
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
45,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't recall a Bone Shaker that didn't have a chrome motor/interior of some sort, so I went to Hot Wheels Wiki.
It looks like the open roof model has had a chrome motor/interior for all of the castings.
The closed roof, like this one, had the first one back in 2013 for the Test Facility 5-pack. That one had yellow. It looks like that may be the only one.
I'll still get this 5 pack, although I'm not thrilled at how the Bone Shaker looks. It isn't a total deal breaker.
I would have to go and look to see which they were - open or closed roof versions, but I remember a black interior and a white interior for different Halloween Series release. And both the Race Team Series versions from 2018 had a black nose skull and interior. Not sure if I have the Test Facility one.

Reactions: samace22

·
Administrator
45,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I guess there is no way to get away from that chrome interior on that Vette casting. Chrome interiors are just my pet peeve... 🙇‍♂️
The easiest way I can think of is to drill it apart and paint the interior portion. Craft paint will probably stick to the chrome the best or acrylic artist paints....

·
Administrator
45,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried searching thru fandom to but the pop ads, slow loads and jumping around on the page everywhere is really frustrating! I did see a red, a blue and a light grey before I gave up searching....

·
Administrator
45,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
1 - 11 of 13 Posts