Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
45,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up last weekend at the last toy show. The 3 other castings are the '64 Nova Wagon Gasser, Fiat 500 and the Rigor Motor. Since these are my 2 favorite castings to collect I cherry picked them from the opened 5 pack.

I really like the orange color on the 'Vette and the tampoprint is a pattern I have not seen on Hot Wheels or 1:1 Corvette that I can remember.

It is also odd to see the Bone Shaker without a chromed front grill skull!

2022 Hot Wheels HW Exposed Engines 5 Pack
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2022 Hot Wheels HW Exposed Engines 5 Pack
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I couldn't recall a Bone Shaker that didn't have a chrome motor/interior of some sort, so I went to Hot Wheels Wiki.
It looks like the open roof model has had a chrome motor/interior for all of the castings.
The closed roof, like this one, had the first one back in 2013 for the Test Facility 5-pack. That one had yellow. It looks like that may be the only one.
I'll still get this 5 pack, although I'm not thrilled at how the Bone Shaker looks. It isn't a total deal breaker.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
The interior on the Vette may be the same as the Bone Shaker's.
The engine and interior are made as one piece for assembly. So, if the engine is chrome, so is the interior. All part of the cost cutting method.
I read some place on HWC that they want to keep castings to a certain amount of pieces. So the interior/engine is one, body is two, base is three, windows is four and wheels is five.

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
Awesome hot wheels exposed engines 5 pack 1968 Corvette gas monkey garage and bone shaker you got, and you reviewed congrats.👍 I'm on the hunt for this 5 pack and I can't wait to add all 5 of those to my hot wheels collection.👍

·
Administrator
45,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't recall a Bone Shaker that didn't have a chrome motor/interior of some sort, so I went to Hot Wheels Wiki.
It looks like the open roof model has had a chrome motor/interior for all of the castings.
The closed roof, like this one, had the first one back in 2013 for the Test Facility 5-pack. That one had yellow. It looks like that may be the only one.
I'll still get this 5 pack, although I'm not thrilled at how the Bone Shaker looks. It isn't a total deal breaker.
I would have to go and look to see which they were - open or closed roof versions, but I remember a black interior and a white interior for different Halloween Series release. And both the Race Team Series versions from 2018 had a black nose skull and interior. Not sure if I have the Test Facility one.

Reactions: samace22

·
Administrator
45,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, I guess there is no way to get away from that chrome interior on that Vette casting. Chrome interiors are just my pet peeve... 🙇‍♂️
The easiest way I can think of is to drill it apart and paint the interior portion. Craft paint will probably stick to the chrome the best or acrylic artist paints....

·
Administrator
45,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried searching thru fandom to but the pop ads, slow loads and jumping around on the page everywhere is really frustrating! I did see a red, a blue and a light grey before I gave up searching....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I tried searching thru fandom to but the pop ads, slow loads and jumping around on the page everywhere is really frustrating! I did see a red, a blue and a light grey before I gave up searching....
MFR,
Might be time for you to try this web browser:
Organism Font Astronomical object Circle Art

It has a lot of built in popup blockers and such that improves the viewing experience on sites with all the ads.
Give it try and see if it works better for you when you go to Fandom.
~rokr

·
Registered
920 Posts
That Gas Monkey Vette is gonna end up being a tough casting to collect if they keep ding multi-pack exclusives on it. I think there's already 3 or 4?

I tried to look up a car on there yesterday using my cell phone and the entire page was blocked out by a full page ad. Very frustrating and it makes that website useless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts