Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
35,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found my first display box of the 2021 Matchbox Power Grabs series at a Kroger's grocery store location yesterday. The new packaging layout looks really nice in hand as shown below. On the other box side image the casting photo the same but is much smaller. The assortment code is still GNK70 and the UPC code is the same on all of them so far. One data point that did change is the date code of N50A which now has 4 places. Like all the main lines instead of Segment name there is a brand name and/or logo printed on the box instead. One of the neat aspects of this new labeling is that a Matchbox design is labeled as such! The Metal series name is also moved to the side with the smaller image. The series run goes to 100 but in previous years not all numbers (apparently got released) each year.

2021 Matchbox Power Grabs
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
35,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reactions: canalnoises

·
Administrator
35,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone over HWC noticed the front right head light was out! Is your box the same way? Did you open yours to see if it matched the box art? 🙃

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Lol, I haven't opened it but the box art is the same with the missing headlight. I'm surprised that made it to production!

·
Registered
Matchbox, Hotwheels diecast
325 Posts
Found my first display box of the 2021 Matchbox Power Grabs series at a Kroger's grocery store location yesterday. The new packaging layout looks really nice in hand as shown below. On the other box side image the casting photo the same but is much smaller. The assortment code is still GNK70 and the UPC code is the same on all of them so far. One data point that did change is the date code of N50A which now has 4 places. Like all the main lines instead of Segment name there is a brand name and/or logo printed on the box instead. One of the neat aspects of this new labeling is that a Matchbox design is labeled as such! The Metal series name is also moved to the side with the smaller image. The series run goes to 100 but in previous years not all numbers (apparently got released) each year.

2021 Matchbox Power Grabs
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
Don't get them in my region Lucky U

1 - 13 of 13 Posts