Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
28,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am up to 8 now including the rTH. But have already seen a recolor of the Tundra and Hi Beam in white this time in You Tube unboxing videos. Surprised they didnt do any in Bronze, Silver (Chrome) and Gold (Chrome). Fandom is also showing a recolor for the Velocita and 2000 GT.

·
Premium Member
9,010 Posts
I have 8 so far.👍I'm still on the hunt for the dune daddy regular treasure hunt and the new surf's up casting. 👍Nice one's you guy's have congrats. 👍

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Oh. Didn't know that Dune Daddy was one of the low end Treasure Hunts. No wonder I usually don't see it.

That was the only one I wanted since it is dune buggy like. Most all the others are the wacky fantasy castings, and the truck, which I don't care for

·
Administrator
28,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In looking at Fandom, I found this 2001 Mini Cooper that was also sold in the Olympic Village in 2012 in London. Anyone seen or have one of those?

·
Administrator
28,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's what makes them intriguing to me in a way. They are scheduled for July 23rd to August 8th, 2021 now.

So the question is will HWs reissue them again next year with new dates and packages? Or will these be the only ones available but with now the wrong reference year.

Olympic memorabilia has its own world wide collectors market making these a cross collectible in both collector markets.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I picked up this Fast FeLion the other day and if I come across the Toyota 2000GT I'll definitely be buying it, too. I'm also intrigued by the series since the Olympics won't be happing in 2020 now. Kind of an interesting piece of 2020 history. I also love the casting and color, though. I think it kind of looks like a modernized Jaguar E-Type.

(sorry for the graininess of the picture...)

·
BANNED
8,117 Posts
MFR, interesting .....
so, these might become highly regarded collectibles indicative of the Covid pandemic and social upheaval !

·
Registered
610 Posts
so, these might become highly regarded collectibles indicative of the Covid pandemic and social upheaval !
That thought crossed my mind, too. They don't seem particularly scarce though so I'm guessing they won't be worth much more than any other mainline. But who knows 🤷‍♂️

·
Administrator
28,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I would think the Olympic association will out last Covid and the related social restructuring, but yes all Olympic collectibles have a strong following in themselves.

I have also always been reminded of the Jaguar by the Fast Felion, too. Thought the front intake is more of a definite nod to the Aston Martin this time. The label icon is just for athletics, but I am thinking it covers all track and field events. No,? Even the Trap 5s manage to look nice and appropriate on this casting build.

2020 Hot Wheels #156 Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Athletics #3 Fast Felion
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
That's what makes them intriguing to me in a way. They are scheduled for July 23rd to August 8th, 2021 now.

So the question is will HWs reissue them again next year with new dates and packages? Or will these be the only ones available but with now the wrong reference year.

Olympic memorabilia has its own world wide collectors market making these a cross collectible in both collector markets.
I doubt these will be reissued for 2021 in the mainline.
Everything is already in place for the mainline for 2021.
The way Mattel could make these a 2021 release would be to make these a special series and release them at retail. But then again, Mattel may not be able to squeeze this into what they have planned for next year.

·
Premium Member
9,010 Posts
Awesome finds milton congrats. 👍I'm on the hunt for all 4 of those and I can't wait to add all 4 of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

1 - 20 of 25 Posts