Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've read twice now where the L case is the last case until the coronavirus is over. Any truth to that???
If so how will they divy the surplus up for all the stores. I read something about the Malaysia factory is closed.
That could mean no or limited 2021 HWs.

Premium Member
I just read on the t-hunted blog that the factory in Malaysia just opened back up last week. So they're starting to make new hotwheels again at they're factory and I just saw on they're blog the N Case super treasure hunt for this year which will be the 2018 dodge challenger SRT demon, in spectraflame yellow. 馃憤So you should be seeing the rest of the cases coming out for this year and you should start seeing in the fall the 2021 hotwheels cars coming out then.馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool. I read that on that orange diecast site and was like no way. Glad someone cleared that up.

Registered
I thought that through at least the M case was already manufactured. I know that M case cars are already out in the wild in some parts of the world. Lamley has had the 65 Galaxie STH in hand for over a month now.

I do know around here it's been a slow trickle this year, think the stores are currently on E or F case.

Registered
Local Walmart here just got in a fresh F dump bin. Target hasn't gotten anything since quite awhile back.

Registered
There are a few things that have to happen before we see any other mixes. And only Mattel knows.
Where did the warehouse leave off production? Are all the mixes done and only need to be shipped?
If they still need to finish the 2020 lineup, it will push the 2021 back a bit, I would think.
If they are done and they are shipped, it usually take 2 weeks to cross the Pacific. Once they arrive at the port, unloaded and head to the Mattel facility, that may take a few days.
Then they have to be shipped to the various store's distribution centers, then to the respective stores.
So, best guess it will be maybe a month before anything new shows up.
But that all depends on the stores. Are they only moving items deemed necessary even with a lot of states are relaxing restrictions.
A lot of variables at play. And only time will tell.

Administrator
We have been getting the L case mixes in our area now. No one is finding any $THs though just the id Chase Batmobiles.

2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
We got in the L case mix, again no Supers. Must be going heavy in somebody's shipper. Kroger???
Then they went backwards to the J case Mix

Registered
everything here is J/K/L case, mostly J and L strangely. Tons of L case peg warmers hanging already. Walmarts have been pretty good putting out dump bins and keeping them stocked the last couple weeks too. They must have a bunch of excess stock in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts