Hobbyist Forums banner

2019 release of the '18 RCMP Dodge Charger police car

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  40Intrepid 
#1 ·
Hi all

So I've been collecting alot of Matchbox cars this year. I've been getting many of my favourites and others and somehow think 19 is the best year since 82.

I used to collect 68-82 cars when I was a kid ('still have them).

What i can't find is the year 2019 release of the 18 Dodge Charger Pursuit in the RCMP livery. I keep tracking shipment dates for the latest deliveries of the boxes to Wal-Mart and Toys R Us (I live in Vancouver, Canada) but none of the boxes have them. I understand that it was part of release B which may have been in circulation as early as December 18.

I hope more release B boxes come from Mattel again.

What do you guys think. Is B production done? Will I have to resort to certain loonie stores to find the RCMP Charger now (or private collectors)?

Thanks for the input

-Geo

See less See more
#2 ·
IIRC from other collectors there are dollar type stores and a tire store chain in Canada that sell HW and MB. Normally, these are a few release or a whole year behind in case releases. MB will also reissue the same casting from year to year. So you may have another chance to find one again in the fall.

We also have a sales and trade board if you want to offer up something in exchange for one. It is just getting started up again so there may not be one listed for sale at the moment.

https://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/340-diecast-car-auctions-buy-sell-swap-trade-listings/

Postage to Canada from the US is a bit steep to trade just one car, but we do have members from Canada, Australia, England and Europe....

Good luck in the hunt! :cheers2:

#3 ·
I am not sure if there are any Dollarama stores in B.C. but here in Ontario they sell Matchbox & Hot Wheels. Yes I think the RCMP Dodge Charger is a hard one to find. I managed to find one and went to several different stores and could not find another. It's one I'd like to have multiples of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.