Online registration at RCSignUp.com: http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=3793
Official flyer: http://forum.rccaraction.com/images/RCCA_images/2014_Shootout_Flyer_Final.pdf
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/484576791675379
Registration for the 15th Annual Hobby Haven Shootout is now open! This is Iowa's biggest off-road race and one of the biggest races in the Mid-West each year. This year's event features 75 sponsors which includes 27 that are new to the Shootout!
JConcepts is our official Platinum sponsor for the 6th year in a row. They will be sending Dave Duncan from Florida to provide product support, plus donating door prizes, and providing each racer with a FREE JConcepts event t-shirt (while supplies last).
Team Losi Racing is our official Gold sponsor and they will be sending Dustin Evans to this year's event. He is one of TLR's top off-road electric racers, and also one of the fastest electric drivers in the world.
X Factory is the official sponsor of the Stock 2WD Buggy class and will give away a FREE X - 6 Cubed conversion kit to the highest finishing unsponsored driver in this class. They will also host a FREE R/C seminar & clinic Friday night at 7:30pm.
ORCA is the official sponsor of the Mod 2WD Buggy class and they will be giving away one of their brushless ESCs and a LiPo battery. All A Main finalists that aren't currently sponsored in either category are eligable to win these great prizes. If no one in the A Main group qualifies then we will move onto the lower mains until we find our winners. Plus, all drivers in the A and B mains will be eligible for a possible ORCA sponsorship.
REDS Racing USA is the official sponsor of the Stock 2WD SCT class and will award a partial sponsorship to the highest finishing unsponsored driver in this class PLUS a REDS VX 540 17.5 brushless motor.
Just A Print Promotions is the official sponsor of the Stock Stadium Truck class and will award the overall winner $50 in cash. You can reach them at (712)592-1519 or [email protected] to find out the great print services they offer.
CowRC is giving away a special Shootout Sportsmanship award this year. The award is a custom Cow RC jumbo (24" x 30") magnetic pit with matching vinyl valued at approximately $125. To earn this award a racer must go above and beyond at this year's Shootout. The winner will be determined by the Shootout crew that weekend.
MB2 Raceway Iowa is the official sponsor of the 2nd Place Winner Awards. In all 10 classes, the 2nd place finisher will win a gift certificate good for a FREE 14 lap race at MB2 Raceway Iowa. We will also give away 10 more gift certificates Friday night
FactoryOne is the official sponsor of the "Quest For The Red Plate". For the mains, racers who TQ their class will receive a white number 1 sticker with a red background. Positions 2-10 will run stickers with black numbers and a white background.
Hobby Haven will be providing each racer with a FREE Shootout pit towel (while supplies last).
Too many other great sponsors to list here so please visit RCSignUp.com for all the details.
This popular event is limited to 250 entries so get signed up soon at RCSignUp.com. Help spread the word and I hope to see you at this year's Shootout!
Hobby Haven 2013 Off-Road Shootout
2575 86th Street
Urbandale, IA 50322
- Friday 8/29 – Controlled practice from 10am - 7pm, FREE X Factory R/C clinic at 7:30pm
- Saturday 8/30 – 8:30am driver's meeting | 9am 3 rounds of IFMAR qualifying begin
- Sunday 8/31 – 8:30am door prizes followed by all mains
- Stock 2WD Buggy (Sponsored by X Factory)
- Stock Stadium Truck (Sponsored by Just A Print Promotions)
- Stock 2WD SCT (Sponsored by REDS Racing USA)
- Mod 2WD Buggy (Sponsored by VBC Racing)
- Mod Stadium Truck
- Mod 2WD SCT
- Mod 4WD Buggy
- Mod 4WD SCT
- Vintage 2WD Buggy
NOTE: Minimum of 7 entries required to run a class on race day.
- 5 minute qualifiers
- Single 5 minute A Main for Novice
- 5 minute AAA mains all other classes
- All classes will receive awards for TQ and top 10 in the A Mains, plus 1st - 3rd in the B Mains.
- IFMAR qualifying = best 2 out of 3 rounds
- All vintage and stock entries must use either a 17.5 brushless or 27t brushed motor. ESCs must be in blinky mode when using a 17.5 brushless motor, and the Trinity D3.5 17.5 is allowed.
- All Vintage 2WD Buggy entries must be either a production model prior to 1995, or a current re-release kit (Example: RC10, RC10 Worlds, Tamiya Frog). All aftermarket parts are allowed, and all Vintage entries must follow the stock motor rules listed above.
- RVs, campers, and trailers are NOT allowed in the parking lot
- House transponders, water, and power available
- $35 1st entry
- $20 each additional entry
- $20 for Novice (Doesn’t count as 1st entry when running multiple classes)
Pre-register online at RCSignup.com: http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=3793
Registrations also accepted at Hobby Haven. All refunds for pre-paid race entries must be submitted by 7pm on 8/27/14.
We have ten rooms blocked off at our host hotel, Comfort Suites at Living History Farms. The rooms are for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (optional) during the weekend of the Shootout. Each room will have two double beds and a twin sleeper sofa for $99/night plus tax. They are located at 11167 Hickman Rd. in Urbandale, IA, 50322 and to receive this special rate you must CALL them at (515) 276-1126. When you call mention the Hobby Haven Off-Road Shootout. Any rooms not reserved by August 1st will be released back to the general public.
Below are links to my race coverage, race day pictures and videos from last year:
Car Action online race coverage: http://www.rccaraction.com/?p=244062
Also, Omaha native Jon Berding was at the Shootout this year and he took some great looking images. You can check them out with this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157635343466781/