Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
you got two days listed 1st and second is there racing on both days or is Friday the 1st practice and Saturday the 2nd all racing....

are 1/4 scales QSAC rules and require QSAC membership...

any ideal on race format......price....

I know it is 5 months away but the track looks cool and I would like to make it but it is a long ways up there and will require some work to get arranged and maybe get some others to come....one last question for now any ideal on the spec tire for the 1/5 buggies and would they have to run a box muffler...

thanks for the work on trying to give large scale racers a cool dirt track to run...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I can answer for the 1/4 scale part.
YES. You will have to be a Q.S.A.C member to race a 1/4 scale on the track. Yes, we will be running under Q.S.A.C. rules. Sprint and super late model are the only planned classes for 1/4 scales. Checker board or street tread are tires of choice. Absolutely no pin spike tires. The super late models will be running a 3 inch right rear and the sprints will be allowed a 4 inch right rear.
I am helping Bob get the 1/4 scales set up and I know nothing about the smaller scales. I do know the track/facility is awesome. The smaller scale cars are racing under a different insurance package.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This is not a 1/4 scale stand alone event. This is a great chance to promote quarter scale and QSAC to a large number of r/c racers. There will be other classes racing as well. This will be a first for 1/4 dirt racing indoors, in the winter! Wow what more could you ask for. Let's all turn out for this and show that we are serious about this. If we can get the numbers maybe next time he could host a stand alone event. These guys take BMI very serious and when you see the track you will too. We will be racing once a month here as well starting in Sept. So get your tires ordered. Should be easy to use one set of tires all winter.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fred, Todd, and Bob,
How will the pitting be arranged? Are we indoors or outdoors? Pit tables available or plan on bringing table? Electrical inside available at pit area? Can we park trailers there and is there power for them? Is scoring AMB or is there something special we need to look at?

Maybe some of the above detail questions have not been clarified just yet, and that is fine just trickle in answers as progression takes place.

We will differently be there regardless of answers above!!

Dave Smreker

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There is a lot of pit space. There is electric you will need tables . As far as trailers go there is a big lot for trailer parking . There is no power outside for trailers . We do use amb with rc scoring pro. Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
There is a lot of pit space. There is electric you will need tables . As far as trailers go there is a big lot for trailer parking . There is no power outside for trailers . We do use amb with rc scoring pro. Thanks Bob
Thank you...

·
Registered
91 Posts
May have to come with my 1/5 edm's. If I do I will leave the 1/4 in the trailer too many rules and regs. just want to race.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.
Geez with 1/4 sprint and LM, 1/8th Late Model and 1/5 EDM. In my trailer
I am not sure one driver could handle running that much.

Might need backup.

Seriously, I am excited about making the trip.

·
Registered
300 Posts
yea if this race is still a go it is time for the details so we can try to get ready..really want to make this races but alot of things have to work out including traveling weather, and vacation time....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts