Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post this up for those thinking of attending the race this year. Here is some of the info. Please mark those calendars and plan your trip out!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on by in August, We race the 2nd Saturday and every Tuesday night all year long! There is always a good group of guys to run with. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best place to fly into is Bakersfield but there are a few places that are close that might be quite a bit cheaper. Burbank is a little over an hour away. LAX is close to 2 hours away but both will be cheaper than Bakersfield.

Hotels, there are many choices around. I would stick to any of the ones I have listed on our website at FinishLineSigns.net- Then click on the race flier and it will take you to a page with more info on it. Some is from last year but it will all be about the same. Thanks.

Last year's race had right at 100 entries and we are expecting even more this year so make those plans to get some quality carpet time before the birds!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, Bakersfield's prices are very high for the flights in and out. LAX isn't that bad of a drive at all. Monti, Heft and Koback flew through Vegas last year I believe but that is almost a 4 hr drive.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
No problem, Bakersfield's prices are very high for the flights in and out. LAX isn't that bad of a drive at all. Monti, Heft and Koback flew through Vegas last year I believe but that is almost a 4 hr drive.
Yes we did fly into Vegas and drove to Bakersfield. It was an easy drive for sure. Flying to Vegas has it's advantages over flying to LAX or BUR. The number one reason is that we flew into Vegas, we were able to spend Sunday night in Vegas after the race which was fun. Two, flying into Vegas the rental car was cheaper as well as the flight. Yes we did spend a bit more on gas but if your going to spend time driving from LAX and chancing getting stuck in LA traffic oh well you have Vegas to come back to. In total flights, rental car and hotels (car and hotel split three ways) was $425 each and we arrived on Thursday.

So to break it down;
flight $250
rental car $60
hotels $115
Beating David Mayhew at his own track, "PRICELESS"! :thumbsup:

Monti

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes we did fly into Vegas and drove to Bakersfield. It was an easy drive for sure. Flying to Vegas has it's advantages over flying to LAX or BUR. The number one reason is that we flew into Vegas, we were able to spend Sunday night in Vegas after the race which was fun. Two, flying into Vegas the rental car was cheaper as well as the flight. Yes we did spend a bit more on gas but if your going to spend time driving from LAX and chancing getting stuck in LA traffic oh well you have Vegas to come back to. In total flights, rental car and hotels (car and hotel split three ways) was $425 each and we arrived on Thursday.

So to break it down;
flight $250
rental car $60
hotels $115
Beating David Mayhew at his own track, "PRICELESS"! :thumbsup:

Monti
So true :thumbsup: Can't wait for this race this year. It's gonna be a blast!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checkbook for IRONMAN bonus is ready for someone this year! Anyone that can beat the best of both classes is going to deserve the extra cash! Kevin was close last year and this year is going to be even tougher from the early signs of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have some great sponsors coming on board. We are still planning on opening up sign ups the 1st of Oct. so please sign up early to reserve your pit spot. I will post the entry form in the next day or so.

Man, this is going to be a great race. Looking forward to it already.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Make your plans now. This is a great facility run by great people. I'm looking forward to this race. Can't wait to watch David sign my name on the big check!!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Looks like another great race shaping up this year. Wish I could make it. May come watch you run in Vegas at the big track tomorrow night. Peter D and I get in around noon tomorrow!

EA

·
Registered
175 Posts
Vacation Days confirmed, Entry Paid--10.5, 13.5 open, and Outlaw truck. Hope the Barbeque guy is coming back to. It's gonna be Fun!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts