Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos from yesterday’s 15th annual Mobtown Greaseball, hosted by the Karb Kings of Balitomore. A selection of some of my favorites:

Most of the cars were hot rods and customs but this first, while neither, is a sentimental favorite for me. This was my first car, a 1968 Town & Country with a 440. This one, owned by a gentleman from the Rod Busters in Delaware is slowly being brought back to top mechanical condition.

Next, two similar but opposites, a white early sixties Caddy convertible and a black late fifties Continental convertible, from the same perspective. Love to own either of them:

Two orange GM’s:

Three tasty Ford customs: Shoebox, Galaxie, and Fairlane:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Now some Chevies:

An unusual subject for hot rodding, a 1952 Plymouth (thanks Lummox). I like this one:

Nice low wagon:

I love the look of this Impala:

For the Hot Rod fans:

A SOHC-motor 5-window:

Back of a channeled Vicky:

A trio of nice traditional hot rods:

A nice Dodge truck mild custom:

Finally, a cool unrestored Pontiac Woody surf wagon:

Hope you enjoying seeing these as much as I did.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
A '64 Fairlane 2-door post that isn't a Thunderbolt clone--nice! However, the Cammer-powered '34 (I think) and the little '40 Dodge pickup are my favorites of the lot. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Some wicked cool iron!
Someday I want one of those '58-'60 Lincolns...a black 4dr.
BTW, the "52 Chevy'' is really a Plymouth.

Thanks for the show!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some wicked cool iron!
Someday I want one of those '58-'60 Lincolns...a black 4dr.
BTW, the "52 Chevy'' is really a Plymouth.

Thanks for the show!
Yea, sorry, it was late. I'll fix it. I should have shown a close-up of the engine. Maybe you can tell it from the air cleaner, but that's a "Firedome Hemi" under the hood.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the continental convertible is sweet! :thumbsup:
I gota say I love both the Conti and the Caddy and would have a hard time deciding between the two for a summertime cruiser. The Conti still carries the wonderful design excesses of the fifties and the Caddy is wearing the somewhat smoother style of the sixties.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I gota say I love both the Conti and the Caddy and would have a hard time deciding between the two for a summertime cruiser.
Big luxo-cruisers aren't my favorite cars, but between those two, it would be an easy decision: the Continental. The reason is simple: I see far, far more Caddies than I do Conties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts