Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
The set line up is Ecto-1, Hyper Mite, Fangula, W-Oozie and the 66 Batmobile.
There seems to be a big debate "overthere" about which store these are exclusive to. Wal-mart or Kroger. Peopel have said they have found them at Kroger but these are supposed to be a Wal-Mart exclusive.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
Nice Halloween Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Well if they are Kroger only then I'm out. Wal-Mart used to always have these.
But at least that saves me some cash.
Funny though, I am starting to see people "overthere" complain because Kroger isn't a true nation wide chain.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I'm gonna try to get a couple extra sets to put on the trade board as soon as the Kroger's here gets them in. It was around the end of June before they stocked the July 4th cars, so I'm not expecting them anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I didn't have a lot of trouble getting these "seasonal" series when Wal-Mart carried them. I know a lot of Wal-Marts would only get some every so often but the one near me would always got them.
I guess Kroger came up with a good offer to carry them.
It just confuses me (not all that tough to do) why you would give some of these to a company that only covers part of the country. I guess this makes up for the Wal-Marts around the country that never got them.

·
Banned
565 Posts
I didn't have a lot of trouble getting these "seasonal" series when Wal-Mart carried them. I know a lot of Wal-Marts would only get some every so often but the one near me would always got them.
I guess Kroger came up with a good offer to carry them.
It just confuses me (not all that tough to do) why you would give some of these to a company that only covers part of the country. I guess this makes up for the Wal-Marts around the country that never got them.
Well Krogers owns Turkey Hill, I wonder if Turkey hill would carry them? :rolleyes: I normally don't look around in Turkey Hill, I go in pay for my gas and go.. IDK if there is even a toy section in there as it is just a mini mart....

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well Krogers owns Turkey Hill, I wonder if Turkey hill would carry them? :rolleyes: I normally don't look around in Turkey Hill, I go in pay for my gas and go.. IDK if there is even a toy section in there as it is just a mini mart....
Krogers seems to own Littman Jewlers, but for some reason I doubt they sell hot wheels.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
When I heard that Krogers would be getting some seasonal series I checked there company information.
They do not cover the entire US like a Wal-Mart or Target but they are the 2nd biggest retailer by a revinue chain in the US. Which is probably why Mattel when there. They have markets "in most states" from Virginia to Alaska.
But that leaves a lot of areas that they are not in. Take the Northeast where I am, there is no Kroger or a Kroger related food store in the 6 New England states, New York or New Jersey. Turkey Hill is in PA but that is a mini type mart That is a big retail area for Mattel to leave out of the loop for any type of cars.
Sorry for taking out the soap box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts