Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im trying to detail out the 2012 custom '64 ford galaxie and what i like to do is search for an image of the 1:1 car so i can get the details right..now why cant i find a picture of this car with the oval grille vents! it is driving me insane i looked up a bunch of different variations and can not figure it out..the car im talking about is the one pictured below. maybe some of the muscle car guys can help me out! i know i have seen a 1:1 with the same style grille before so can understand the frustration!

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I've never seen one with those exact grille ducts either, could be Hot Wheels taking artistic license, like with the center exhaust on the same car. I have seen a few with large openings in the grill like this though... Seems like a custom racing mod to me. I'd say just improvise, like a true racer!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
FF! is right, it's just a whim of a HWs designer.
Ford never made a Galaxie like this I'm pretty sure, but I think Hot Wheels copied this from the smaller mid-size Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt factory racer.
Bummer if you want a stock appearing grill!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I would agree. It's possible that some second or third owner modified his Galaxie in that manner, but--to the best of my knowledge--Ford built none that way. Even the Thunderbolts had their Ram-Air tubes routed to where the inboard headlights used to be.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help maybe i dreamed i saw one in real life like that i dunno! i do know they seem fitting for the car.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The factory built 1964 427 Lightweight Galaxies looked like the white one that Full Flaps showed. The ram air was in the grill and not the inner headlights like seen on the Thunderbolt. I think there were only 50 lightweight 64 Galaxies made.

I think the HW design while not prefect is pretty decent. The thing I don't like on the car is the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now i see what HW did..just made the openings fancy looking...imo it looks really good like its factory..like i said it confused me but im not good with muscle car variations...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I think the HW design while not prefect is pretty decent. The thing I don't like on the car is the rear spoiler.
I don't much care for the spoiler, either. In fact, when that casting was released in 2007, I picked up multiples of it with the intent of customizing several of them. The customization would include removal of the spoiler. I hope to start on one before too long.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ford never made a Galaxie like this I'm pretty sure, but I think Hot Wheels copied this from the smaller mid-size Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt factory racer.
Bummer if you want a stock appearing grill!
i'd like to believe that it was the artist's choice but it probably has something to do with licensing...maybe in order to get this classic casting, there had to be something that wasn't completely 100% authentic....
just a thought. ;-)

p.s. FF THANKS FOR THE INPUT ON THE BREAD BOX.... YOU ROCK!!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Excellent custom Ratrodder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts