Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads and didn't see any similar posts.
Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread.
But tonight I found the 2012 Halloween Hot Wheels at a nearby Kroger store:

I don't know if Target is going to do their annual Halloween 5-Pack.
I've noticed Target stores putting out their Halloween stuff, but I haven't spotted any Hot Wheels yet.

- JJ
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Registered
610 Posts
I really like the Hyper Mite as a Jack-O'-Lantern. The purple '66 Batmobile also looks kewl. Dunno about the Ecto-1; if they're not going to put the Ghostbusters logo on it so far as I can tell, why not just take off the rooftop equipment and market it as a '59 Cadillac Ambulance and not have to pay licensing fees to Sony/Columbia?

I never see the Holiday cars in Canada, excluding specialty stores in Toronto.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Being in CT, I'll probably have to revert to the secondary market since these are Kroger exclusives. No Krogers in New England.....:(

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have been callin my 2 Krogers for a week and still a no show in these and they have Halloween stuff already out. Ughhhh :freak:

How much are they priced at ???? And can I get a product #er as that may help in trying to locate these ...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have been callin my 2 Krogers for a week and still a no show in these and they have Halloween stuff already out. Ughhhh :freak:

How much are they priced at ???? And can I get a product #er as that may help in trying to locate these ...
I saw a picked over shipper of these today at Smith's. No batmobiles, no Ghostbusters and $1.99 purchase price.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I saw a picked over shipper of these today at Smith's. No batmobiles, no Ghostbusters and $1.99 purchase price.
Thank you ... Gives me an idea in what I am going after in price.... Now I need to decide if they are worth my time or not !!!! ... :rolleyes: Hmmmm Glorified $1 Mainlines for $2 Hmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Nice Halloween Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Target is doing the 5 pack. The only problem is that they are doing it just like they did for the Valentine Cars from this year. They have standard mainlines in them, no special paint theme, the only thing related to Haloween is the package of the 5 pack.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Target is doing the 5 pack. The only problem is that they are doing it just like they did for the Valentine Cars from this year. They have standard mainlines in them, no special paint theme, the only thing related to Haloween is the package of the 5 pack.
Yeah, I finally saw a pic of the Target Halloween set and I was disappointed they're not doing repaints of these single-carded cars. They've always done it in the past. Oh well, I'm glad I got these.

- JJ

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I'm guessing that Target doesn't want to pay any extra money to have seasonal themed cars any more.
That is a shame because I always liked the idea of either a different line up of cars for the same season like the Halloween cars from 08 or the same cars but different colors like the Valentine cars from 09.
I know they are for kids but I'm sure Mattel knows that collectors would want them as well.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Talked with the manager at my local Kroger today.....these arrived, of all times, last week while I was out of town on vacation. They lasted all of a day and a half and I was informed that this would be the only shipment they receive of them. I guess I'm SOL.....and I'm almost willing to bet I can find them at the flea market from my local scalper.....

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the Target exclusive Halloween 5-Pack today:

Nothing to get too excited about. I guess the orange Skull Crusher is my favorite of the bunch. The Kroger set is MUCH better, in my opinion.

- JJ

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Nice Halloween 5 Pack Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
OIC. I couldn't tell from the earlier photos that it was the Sedgewick Hotel Ghost a.k.a. "Slimer" on the hood of the Ecto-1. Now I see the point of putting out a new variant of the ECTO-1 without the Ghostbusters logo.

Damn, I wish there were Kroger supermarkets in Canada.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts