Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Racing for a cause...Racing for a cure"

Racers Against Cancer Enterprises proudly announces the 11th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer September 14th thru 16th at McCullough's RC Raceway in Sarver, PA. Over the past 11 years this event has raised over $54,000.00 for the American Cancer Society. Last year's race, despite inclement weather, set an amazing record with an $11,000 donation!

Race registration begins tomorrow, Monday 7/31. All prepaid entries by 8/27 will receive a free 2012 RAC T-Shirt (must include size). This year there are two ways to register for the race:

Print, complete, and mail the 2012 Race Entry form w/check or money order

2012 RAC on RCSignup.com now accepting PayPal payments. Note - We are a charity race, a slight increase has been factored into online payments.

Currently the event coordinator is working behind the scenes to secure corporate and RC industry sponsors for this year's race. RC companies, business owners, race teams, families, anyone who would like to sponsor the event or those with sponsorship leads, please contact Scott Siegel. As always, any sponsorship level or amount of support is welcome and greatly appreciated. This race is nothing without the generous support from our sponsors.

Sponsored racers - you're assistance would be greatly appreciated in the sponsorship effort. Download a copy of the 2012 RAC sponsorship information form and forward it to you team contacts along with a good word about our cause, the racing, and fun!

For those who want to help in other ways your time is also a welcome donation. Assist in promoting the race by distributing race flyers, spreading the word across forums, social media, word of mouth, etc. Another invaluable asset is to participate in the RAC track build, facility preparation, and assisting even staff during the race weekend with grounds keeping duties.

More announcements will be made in the coming days, please check this thread , The McCullough's forum, or the thread on RC Tech.

Contact information
Scott Siegel
Racers Against Cancer Enterprises
Event Coordinator - East Coast Race Against Cancer
Email - [email protected]

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will try t keep this thread updated as quickly as I can. Scott will be updating the other threads listed and those may have the quicker responses to questions than I can provide.

Anyone that has attended a RAC in the past knows it is a great time for a great cause. Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sponsorship announcements...

Moody Sales (Polaris retailer in Mars, PA) continues their long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Special thank you to Scott Moody, the Moody family, and the entire team at Moody Sales.

Absolute Hobbyz continues their repeat support as a Platinum sponsor. Huge thanks to owner Joe Zatika and his team at Absolute Hobbyz.

Registration information...

1. Please be sure your RC Signup profile and/or race entry form is correct for all 3 frequencies. If you do not change this or only change the 1st in your profile, the default is FM - Brown. Last year we had around 7 or so non-DSM entries. We take DSM for granted but obviously it's very important we know who is non-DSM their true frequencies.

2. Ensure your t-shirt size is correct in your RC Signup profile and/or the race entry form. 3XL is the max size for RAC shirts, sorry...the cost is incrementally higher for each size over XL.

3. Include/confirm your transponder numbers in your profile and/or the race entry form. It's very important your transponders are accurate as it will greatly reduce delays on Sat morning prior to the start of qualifying.

3. Folks may pre-register on RC Signup, however payment must be received by 8/27 in order to receive the free t-shirt. I know many will want to register online and mail payment, that is fine...in fact preferred as it helps me greatly. However if you forget to send payment, RAC cannot provide a free shirt. For 2012, there will be LIMITED shirts available for purchase...probably less than 15 total.

More updates to follow...thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

PEMAR Auto Repair (Auto/truck service in Monroeville, PA) continues their long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Thank you Mike Speranza, his dad, and everyone at PEMAR for their sponsorship.

Team Losi Racing continues as a Platinum sponsor of the RAC. Huge thanks to Adam Drake and everyone at TLR for their long time sponsorship.

George's Heating and Cooling (Commercial/Residential HVAC Sales & Service in Bethel Park, PA) returns as a Platinum sponsor. Thank you to my good friend George Lai and his family for their support. Remember, need AC or heat...'let George do it'.

Stay tuned for more sponsorship announcements. Please do what you can to support our sponsors. Over the years, many have committed thousands of dollars to the cause. The least we can do is thank them by supporting their products and services.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Long's Auto Body comes aboard as a Platinum level sponsor to the RAC. Huge thanks to Keith Blackburn and everyone at Long's Auto Body for the support. In addition, Keith will be selling 2012 RAC decals during this year's race for a small donation, be sure to check them out!

Amainhobbies.com continues their long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Thank you to owners Kendall & Kelly Bennett and the entire team at Amainhobbies.com for their sponsorship!

Hobbico will be joining our list of platinum level sponsors for this year's race. Thanks to Scott Cramer, Carol Pesch, and all of the associates of Hobbico and their companies (Great Planes, Tower Hobbies) for their support!

B-Fast R/C continues their support as a Gold level sponsor. Thank you Fred Bellito and the entire B-Fast R/C team for another year of supporting the cause!

Ridgeway Bodies moves up to a Gold level sponsor. Thanks to Chuck Lentz for his annual support to the RAC and fantastic paint work. I need to send you another body my friend!

Skydrift (IT & Web Consulting in Irwin, PA) comes aboard as a Gold level sponsor. Thanks to owner Matt Vita for his support!

Nathan Stempfer Lawn & Landscape Design (Greensburg, PA) joins our sponsorship team as a Silver level sponsor. Thanks to owner Nathan Stempfer and his staff for supporting the RAC!

Stay tuned for more sponsorship announcements. Please thank our sponsors and take note of their products and services so next time you're in the market, YOU can support them!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One RC item donated by a local Pittsburgh technology firm in the raffle retails for over $2,300 by itself. That's the only clue I will provide. The race is a month away, get signed up TODAY!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Stoltenberg Consulting Inc comes aboard as a Platinum level sponsor to the RAC. Huge thanks to Steve Stoltenberg and everyone at SCI for the support. You might've heard the rumor...however I'm confirming SCI donated a NIB Losi 5T to the raffle!

Novarossi USA / Desoto Racing also joins our team as a Platinum level sponsor. Thank you to Joaquin DeSoto and Paul Ciccarello for supporting our cause. Paul will be racing with us again this year in the Pro Buggy and Pro Truggy nitro classes.

Xray / RC America continues as a Platinum level sponsor. Thanks to Ralph Burch, Kirk Weaver, and the all of Team Xray for their dedicated support.

AKA returns as a Platinum level sponsor. Thank you to Mark Pavidis and the entire team at Race AKA for the support.

Horizon Hobby returns as a Gold level sponsor. Thanks to Sonny Brown and the folks at Horizon for their support in addition to that of Team Losi Racing, a Horizon company. Sonny generously donated the DX3C transmitter which will be combined with the 5T to make it truly RTR.

JConcepts also returns as a Gold level sponsor. Kudos to Jason Ruona, Kirk Weaver, and everyone at JConcepts for their continued support.

Lucky7RC returns as a Gold level sponsor. Thank you to Joe Alessi and the Lucky7 team!

Also returning to the RAC is Team Losi Racing team driver Anthony Mazzara who swept last years 1/8 classes winning E-buggy, Pro Truggy, and Pro Buggy. For those of you who may not be aware, over the years Anthony has donated his TLR 1/8 Nitro buggy immediately after the Pro Buggy mains. Im proud to announce he will do the same again at this years RAC. We will be selling separate raffle tickets for one TLR 8ight-B 2.0 race roller that will start the weekend with a fresh rebuild. Included will be a new wing, 2.0 radio tray, and a new painted body from Dean Isaac aka Phat Skeems Paint. Also included are the tires from main, front and rear carbon fiber shock towers, all lightweight outdrives, rear aluminum hubs, front and rear aluminum pivot supports, aluminum servo saver, aluminum servo horn, aluminum 10 degree incline spindles and carriers. Thank you to Anthony and his family for this very cool donation. Hes a special person who truly believes in our cause and drives a long way from his New York City home to race the event and support our cause.

I am working on a few more sponsorships and hope to have some additional announcements soon.

Remember the deadline for paid entries to receive the T-shirt is Monday! I will be at the track on Saturday and Sunday (with entry forms) if anyone would like to sign up and pay me in person to save a stamp. Cash payment will be accepted in person but please try to have exact change.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi i was wondering what tires are working on 1/8 buggy & sc tk ????
From Doug McCullough on the McCullough's forum:

"damp clean track = pink megga bites, or m3 inside jobs

dry clean track = soft grids

ruff dry track, some fluff = soft or med citiy blocks depends on temp.

tried m3 fuzzies and they push 2 much 4 me

Doug McCullough"

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
934 Posts

Doug McCullough"

Hope that helps.
thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kyosho America is a returning Gold level sponsor for this years RAC! A big thank you goes out to Joe Pillars and the entire Kyosho America organization!

Vinyl Graphics Unlimited continues their support as a Platinum level sponsor. Huge thanks to Gary & Nicki Wiant for being one of the original race sponsors. The RAC was started by Gary, a cancer survivor, who teamed up with Doug McCullough to find a great outlet to give back and make a difference in the fight for a cure.

Pro4mance Hobbies continues its long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Big thanks to Norm and his entire family for their generous support to our cause.

Team Associated continues their long tenure as a sponsor returning again at the Platinum Level. Thank you to Team Manager Brent Thielke and the entire AE staff.

For a second consecutive year Team Durango is a Platinum level sponsor. Special thanks to Jason Dearden from their UK headquarters for the support.

VP PowerMaster Racing Fuel returns as a Gold level sponsor to the RAC. Thank you to National Sales Rep and Team Driver Mike Battaile for the support.

HDS Marketing / Classic Impressions Race Wear returns as a Gold level sponsor for 2012. Thank you to Andy Lantzman for graciously giving us a break on the RAC shirts and willing to meet a very aggressive deadline.

Barb Rakarich's family continues as a Silver level sponsor In Memory of Howard Dunlop.

Thank you to Blaine Rakarich and his employer for donating the backings for the 2012 RAC awards! The awards would be a very large expense if we had to purchase them for the race.

Mars-Bethel Golf Course also continues as a Silver level sponsor. Thank you to Mr. McCullough for his relationship in securing this repeat sponsor.

Thanks to the Heidkamp family for their repeat support to the RAC.

Again, you may think I sound like a broken record, PLEASE do what you can to support our sponsors. Their enormous generosity is vital to our cause. When you’re in the market for a product or service, look at the back of the RAC t-shirt. Sure it may not be the most convenient thing to do but think about the choice they made to sponsor our amazing charity event. I hope you chose to support their businesses.

As of today, 106 entries on the master list which is on par with where we were at this same time last year. I expect a very good turnout. Please pray for nice weather and fat wallets ready to buy lots of raffle tickets. Currently we're at 7 confirmed kits....1 gas, 3 nitro, and 3 electric along with a very nice assortment of other product making this one of the best raffles to date.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm in

I've got the scale almost built. Hope break in the engine next weekend; rain or shine. Fresh everything, in three weeks.:hat:

I believe this race to be the premium east coast challenge.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Doug McCullough"

Hope that helps.
Bump:thumbsup:

LoL, not to mention, Fuzzies are known to only work for, about, two minutes before they throw most of their pins. If stock 2wd were still a class however, I'd run them.:tongue:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just a few days away. See everyone this weekend.:thumbsup:
Is there a chance anyone can have some decent fuel at the track? I'll buy it, a gallon or whatever, looking for some decent 30%; Odonnels, something like that?

Perhaps a starter box they'd be willing to sell or lend?

I'll be at the track on Friday.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When Scott posts the final numbers I will put everything here. So far I know with around 205 entries the amount raised for the American Cancer Society was over 15,000! That is pretty awesome. Racing was very good too; a great 2wd mod and E-scale turnout. Thanks to everyone that supported the race.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts