Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://crcrcmidwestchamps.com/

Mark your calendars for the 2012 CRCRC Winter Midwest Championship races. This is one of the biggest and longest running off-road races in the nation held every year in January. The electric off road Winter Midwest champs will be celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012. Once again, the race will be held at the Ohio RC Factory in Jeffersonville, OH, just a short drive southwest of Columbus. CRCRC will be working together with our friends at the RC Factory to make this year’s race better than ever. Don't miss it!

There are two big changes to this years race. First, we are moving 1/8th electric buggy to the electric race week. Second, we are starting qualifying on Friday instead of marathon race days on Saturday and Sunday.

WHEN:
Electric Race January 11-15, 2012
Nitro Race January 19-22, 2012

WHERE:
Ohio RC Factory racing facility in Jeffersonville, OH

SCHEDULE
Electric Week:
Practice: Wednesday evening and Thursday
Qualifiers: 2 Friday, 2 Saturday
Mains: Sunday

Nitro Week:
Practice: Thursday and Friday morning
Qualifiers: 1 Friday, 3 Saturday
Mains: Sunday

CLASSES
Electric Week - Same as last year except by popular demand we are adding 1/8th buggy to the eletric race program!

Open 2wd Buggy
Open 4wd Buggy
Open Stadium Truck
Open 2wd SCT
Open 4x4 SCT
Stock 2wd Buggy ROAR motor and speedo rules (i.e. 17.5 no boost)
Stock Stadium Truck ROAR motor and speedo rules (i.e. 17.5 no boost)
1/8th Electric Buggy

Nitro Week
1/8th Pro Buggy
1/8th Sportsman Buggy
1/8th Pro Truggy
1/8th Sportsman Truggy

SIGNUPS
Signup on rcsignup.com coming soon (late September)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Will escale be ran with the rest of the electric program? I want to run that class as well but like to avoid the cancer sauna :tongue:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Is it time for E8th to actually race with electrics? Can I plan on running my 1/10th nitro truck with the electrics??

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
How is running your nitro 1/10th truck the same as running an electric 1/8th scale on that weekend?
I think Uncle E is just trying to make a point... He doesn't even have a 1/10th nitro truck.... He more questioning why electric 1/8th scale has to run the nitro weekend....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some more details added to original post.

Two big changes to this years race. First, 1/8th electric buggy will run on the electric week. Second, like other races of this size, Qualifying will start on Friday to reduce the lengh of the race days on Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Adding 1/8 and another day of qual is big no in my opinion. I wasn't there last year, but enjoyed arriving early Fri morn in 10'...practicing all day. Now this year paying an extra night for motel and another day off work maybe be too much for some including me. Don't think the price of entry and putting a buggy, truck, or whatever on the track for only 5 times over 3 days.... isn't worth it. I planned on coming, but don't know now as it will cost me even more.
I think if entries were limited than there would'nt be marathon days.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
You guys in Ohio are awesome. There anyways, now we get to race and hangout with fellow racers from across the Nation/World! Bad ass the speed secrets I'll pick up from top drivers after they've got a few drinks in them....priceless!

Can't wait, best news I've heard all year! 1/10th nitro truck just went in the trash can!

·
Registered
221 Posts
My boys have school on that thursday and friday and we live in ashtabula. Can we qu. on saturday and finals on sunday or do we have to be there on friday. 4x4 sc mod and 2wd sc mod. thanks....:thumbsup:Also is there a link or deal on any hotels in the area.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Qual points are best 2 of 4 as usual. If you sign up and pay in advance and let us know you can show up on Saturday. You would not have any practice time though.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts