Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racers,
We have the following tracks in the Northeast hosting the American Canadian Oval Tour (ACOT).
They are: Atlantic RC Speedway (Tracy, New Brunswick) August 11,12
Breakneck RC (Livermore Falls, Maine) Oct.
We're also in discussion with Barre RC (Barre, Vermont) for Nov.

Classes, Rules & Dates will be posted soon. This will be a points series with Trophies & plaques awarded.

If anyone has any questions they can PM (or email) me or Ron Bryant(Breackneck RC). I believe Bob Tourangeau is the contact for Barre RC.

Thanks,
Andrew Phillips
Atlantic RC Speedway

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I would like to do. Also, I think Ron is planning to do the same. It works better for anyone travelling.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
The dates in November are 3-4, practice on Saturday and heats and mains on Sunday. Sorry can't change the format. It's about a 9 hour drive from Tracey, we normally get done around 7:00pm Sunday. I will try to make it in August we can talk about it more then. The flyer for the 3 race series is on our new thread, check it out for rules. Talk to you soon

Bob T

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dates in November are 3-4, practice on Saturday and heats and mains on Sunday. Sorry can't change the format. It's about a 9 hour drive from Tracey, we normally get done around 7:00pm Sunday. I will try to make it in August we can talk about it more then. The flyer for the 3 race series is on our new thread, check it out for rules. Talk to you soon

Bob T
Thanks Bob,
Your format is good. If we can add our race series within your race in November that would be excellent. We're crazy enough to drive the 9 hours. I used to travel 30 hours to drag race in Florida with a buddy of mine. That's a long drive in a 1980 suburban with no AC:freak:

Hope to see you here in August.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Are the rules for the cot 17.5 spec class going to be the same for all three races?
I know that Tekins in spec are not allowed in cot 17.5 spec at Barre it's Novak only and it would be foolish to have to buy a novak for 1 race. The tire rule at Barre is world gt only however me personaly dont have an issue with buying tires since breakneck is going with them next season but again the tires IMO really isnt a big deal but the speedo issue would be.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I was hoping that the rules would be the same for all 3 races since points and awards are being offered for the series. I own Tekin esc's only and do not own anything else nor do I plan on buying anything else especialy just for 1 race. To run the entire series would require hotels and travel, food and tires and for those that own Tekins a esc just for Barre. IMO if it's a series the rules for all 3 races need to be the same. I am not asking Barre to change thier weekly rules but make an amendment to allow non programable and esc's cabable of blinky (spec mode)for the 1 race that is part os the ACOR series.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Sorry that's as far as we are going to go with the speed controls for the COT or NASTRUCK 21.5, we have never run Blinky Speedcontrols and aren't going to start. If you want to run Blinky run 13.5 Pro Stock or 17.5 open Speedcontrol

Bob T

·
Registered
392 Posts
Maybe we can just run a cot 17.5 class just for the series and we would also be running a sk class and legend class. I'm not sure Bob but you would probably be looking at 20 to 25 racers added to that race for you on that date if not more. you may want to rethink your decision on the esc's just run the series class separate from you 17.5 class we should have about 13 to 15 cars for our class. Just a thought. Ron

If that doesn't work maybe we could look at doing it on another date?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Maybe we can just run a cot 17.5 class just for the series and we would also be running a sk class and legend class. I'm not sure Bob but you would probably be looking at 20 to 25 racers added to that race for you on that date if not more. you may want to rethink your decision on the esc's just run the series class separate from you 17.5 class we should have about 13 to 15 cars for our class. Just a thought. Ron

If that doesn't work maybe we could look at doing it on another date?
Running the class seperate would work for me ..........as I am planning on running for points in Both 13.5 blinky spec and 17.5 blinky spec. But why not for this one race just allow the blinky esc's it would make things a whole lot easier especialy when you consider that there are a lot of guys running cot that are interested in the series that only have tekins and cant afford another esc and dont want to run the faster class and or want to run both classes like myself.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I'm just speaking as a racer who attends most of the trophy races in Barre.

I understand Barre's position to not allow people to run either Tekins or Mamba speed controls in the COT class since most of the outsiders running COT mostly come from the Lake City RC club in Plattsburgh NY. Plattsburgh is even more strict since they only allow Novak non-adjustable speedos such as the GTB or GTB-2. They did this to make things easier on the tech side.

If someone absoutely wants to run a Tekin they can always run 13.5 spec. This class is such a blast to drive in Barre.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can we get a head count of who would be interested in travelling to Vermont. I think I have roughly 6 from my track. My policy for Atlantic RC Speedway is if we have enough for a heat or two we'll add the class. Bob, If we brought enough for say 3 heats would your track consider adding the class for us?

Let us know.

Thanks,
Andrew Phillips

1 - 20 of 320 Posts