Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First I want to apologize for not getting a schedule posted by the end of July (my personal target). Getting things worked out for this season has been a little like putting together a jigsaw puzzle where someone else is holding a lot of the pieces and you don't know what they look like so you can't figure out where they fit. We start each year by figuring out the dates that make sense for the BRL given holidays and other events and then try to figure out how to fit tracks into that schedule. But each track has their own schedule they are trying to juggle and it often isn't easy to work it all out. This season has been more challenging than previous ones but we're almost there.

To avoid further delay and give guys some ideas for planning purposes we're going to take the unusual step (for us) of publishing a partial schedule. We're 95% certain on the dates and locations for the races below which are listed as TBA but until we get confirmation from the respective tracks they will remain TBA. We hope to confirm everything any day now but I've been saying that to myself for at least a week and I don't want to delay sharing what we do have locked down any further.

We can announce with pleasure that we're welcoming back John’s BSR Tires as the title sponsor for the 2012-2013 Brushless Racing League Oval Tour. This will be BSR’s seventh season as title sponsor, dating back to the first series. On behalf of ourselves and our racers we’d like to thank them for their continued support.

The 2012 – 2013 John's BSR Tires Brushless Racing League Oval Tour schedule will be:

Lefthander RC 375, October 13th & 14th – ProLevelRC Raceway in Florrissant, MO
The seventh season opens up on the super smooth surface at ProLevelRC in St. Louis. Known for its billiard table subfloor, and a drivers stand that puts my deck to shame, this season kicks off as close to the geographic center of the region as we can get.

KCM Race Cars 375, November 10th & 11th – The Gate in Brunswick, OH
After a successful journey east last season, BRL racers will once again invade The Gate this season. A great track allowed our racers to provide some stellar action last year, and we’ll expect more of the same for race number 2.

Hyperdrive 375, December 15th &16th – Thunder R/C Raceway, Nashville, TN
Just before Christmas, the BRL heads to Music City for our first visit to Thunder RC Raceway. Robert Dirla and crew certainly know how to put on a show as shown by the acclaimed USVTA Southern Nationals. We're sure to be treated to some southern hospitality as the BRL heads to Tennessee for just the second time in its history.

Spektrum 375, January 5th & 6th – iROAR Raceway in Vinton, IA
We move back to the west as we return to the super speedway sized rug at iROAR. The event in Vinton is always one of our best attended and most competitive events on the temporary surface.

F-14 Motorsports 375, February 9th & 10th – Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, IN
Post Snowbirds Hangover? We’ve got your cure! The fifth race of the season takes us to the bullring in Fort Wayne. Fast paced action, and a little flexing of the Lexan makes Summit a great place to watch and race.

March 2nd and 3rd – HobbyPlex Raceway at Hobbytown USA in Omaha, NE
Our final regular season race takes us back out west, to the mammoth track at HobbyPlex. Quite possibly the most impressive Hobby Shop in the country, and a gigantic high speed layout makes this one the fastest carpet tracks in the country.

March 22nd, 23rd and 24th –Novak National Finals at Red Mosquito Raceway in Batavia, OH
Our 7th season finale will be held at the new Red Mosquito Raceway run by Monti Panzica. This brand new track promises to be one of the finest carpet racing facilities in the Midwest.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Glad to see you all making the trip to Thunder this year Chuck! The track is awesome. We put in a lot of hard work and money last year to make it a great place with a super smooth subfloor and new carpet!

EA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are the battery rules changing for 13.5 COT? Are you sticking with the T.P. battery or is it going to be open battery? Asking because I'm trying to buy batteries so I can start doing some racing locally.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris,

The 13.5 Spec class will continue to have a spec battery. It will be different this season as Thunder Power will not continue to manufacture the 5400 throughout our season. I'll let racers know as soon as we nail down what battery we will be using.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Chuck??? has the BRL been running just one spec battery in 13.5 cot? At tour and Birds events it was an open battery rule.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The BRL added the 13.5 COT Spec Stock class 2 years ago with a specified body, specified battery, specified tires and specified motor brand. Last season TOUR and the 'Birds decided to add the class with open battery and open motor brand. The BRL elected to stay with the rules as we originally wrote them. We will continue with that approach for the coming season. It fits well with the BRL's history of limiting certain equipment as we believe that there is a reasonable of BRL racers who actually prefer limited or spec classes.

We realize that for much of the country the principle attraction for the class is that it uses ESC's without timing. For the BRL it is a class for racers who want to race competitively without having to worry about what motor, battery, etc. is the hot ticket. For more on why we look at it this way stay tuned for the next installment of The Way We See It.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts