Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1679 Posts

·
Owner Battle Front Gaming
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classes will be:

Short Course Late Model - Any short course truck, Duratrax Bandito tires, any 1/8 scale late model body, open motor.

Street Stock - Any unaltered buggy chassis, Custom Works HB tires, any McAllister 9 inch street stock body, 13.5 blinky.

2wd Late Model - Any chassis, any tire, DODC approved late model body and wing, 13.5 open motor.

Sprint - Any chassis, any tire, max 7 inch wing, open motor

VTA - Any 4wd touring car chassis, HPI VTA tires and wheels, VTA approved body, (have to check to see what motor is being run on carpet, will be the same)

Plan is that a class will require a minimum of 4 entries on a race night to be included in the program. We can be a bit flexible on this for the first few weeks as we get up and running. Keep this in mind as you propose new classes. If a class is not getting 4 entries per week, week in and week out, we probably should steer people toward the stronger classes and weed out the weaker ones. More racers per class makes for a stronger program.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hours/Race days for the indoor season starting September 29th will be:

Monday - Closed

Tuesday - Closed

Wednesday - Combined oval/off-road race program. 2 heats and mains. Doors open by 5, racing at 6:30. $10 for one class, $12 for 2 classes, $15 for 3 or more.

Thursday - 5-9 - Oval and Off-road practice

Friday - Doors open by 5 - Oval practice available. Off-road racing at 7. 3 heats and mains. $12 for one class, $15 for two, $20 for 3 or more.

Saturday - Doors open at 2 - Oval racing at 5. 3 heats and mains. $14 for one class, $20 for 2, $25 for 3 or more.

Sunday - Doors open at 10 - Oval practice available. Off-road racing at Noon. 3 heats and mains. $14 for one class, $20 for 2, $25 for 3 or more.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This Wednesday night will be a work night on the oval. Goal will be to get the plastic around the track to keep dirt from seeping under the walls, cut masonite strips for the inside and outside walls, and install the braces for the outer walls.
This will get the track ready for dirt.

We NEED to get dirt on the track this week!!!!!! That being said I am going to offer my most sincere apologies to Don Lamb and the crew and racers at Gobles, but I will not be able to attend the last race of the Gobles/BFG crossover series.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 WILL BE A WORK DAY TO PUT DIRT ON THE OVAL!!!!!! Plan is to start working at 8:00 am. I will get with Jim to have at least two loads of the current clay dropped in the parking lot outside the bay door. This job is going to require more manpower than we have been getting on work days. Usually it is myself and one, maybe two others. There are 4 individuals who have been out on a regular basis to help put together what we have so far. WE NEED MORE HELP THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!! I would say we need at least 6 of us to get the job done. Understand, we will do it with whoever shows up, but many hands make light work.

Please do what you can to be there for the work days, especially Saturday, even if you can't stay the whole day.

Thank you and hope to see you there!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would like to add 2 more things to what you have said john. First there is only foam tires and hb street tracks that hit the new dirt oval. The next is at one point in time you had a truck/edm class, well im building an edm as well as i know of some others doing the same. We are building around the dodc template body that they developed a year ago. I ordered mine from kipps hobbies and talking to kipp the template body edm body is making the edm class one of the fastest growing classes in the country.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, foams and street treads only on the new oval. No pin or bar type tires.

New/additional classes are welcome but must have a minimum of 4 showing up on a weekly basis to be included in the program long term. Classes listed above will also be phased out if they do not meet the 4 per week minimum.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Pactra reduced very thin and 10-12 psi
Thanks. I think I'm way too high on my psi (and from the insane amount of paint and fumes that seem to be shooting into the air).

Can't really find a whole lot of information on rc painting except for tutorials on painting flames, skulls, and naked ladies. In general, I'm a fan of all three, just not on my late model :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the new track. Hope to make it out if I'm not working Saturday to help get that clay down. It's time. Indoor season is here.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are two loads of our current clay sitting in the parking lot. (saw them on the cameras.) I have a Dingo (walk behind loader) reserved. Only slight change in plans is that we pick it up between 4 and 6 Saturday afternoon and don't have to have it back until Noon on Monday. Renting it any earlier on Saturday would double the price. So we have it for Saturday evening and all day Sunday (and Monday morning if necessary)!!!!

I will still plan on being at the track by 8:00 Saturday morning. There is still prep work we can do: cutting masonite, putting plastic down, moving all of my stuff, etc. before we go pick up the Dingo.

We will work again on Sunday if needed to get the job done!!!!!

I am honestly beginning to believe we could be running on the track Tuesday night for practice.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to get the slop out of the double bell crank steering on the Rocket 2.0 chasis? I've got some ideas, but it's almost like the slide rack is the way to go if you can't remove some of the slop.

I can trace my slowing down in Late Model last season to when I made this change, just haven't really thought about it until now. I've got several other excuses, this is just one of them :)

1 - 20 of 1679 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.