Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First Race

Taking it upon myself to announce some prizes for the first race of the Season in November (Date November 3rd 2012).

For the three Classes with most entries (I predict 1/10 Breakout, Slash Oval and Slash Figure 8).

Top 3 winners will get NOVAK goodies:

1st - Novak T-Shirt (I got Small, Med and XXL)
2nd - Novak Hat
3rd - HeatShrink and Decals..

:woohoo::woohoo:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't believe indoor season is right around the corner, time sure flies when you're having fun racing dirtrunners style. Toby's always bringing something for prizes, thank you. Since there seems to be some interest in running a mini offroad class (not Coopers) I thought we could discuss rules. I'm thinking leave it fairly open so we can run mini 8ights, mervs, rc18s, etc. Maybe a wheelbase limit since each mfr. has their own ideas when it comes to scale. Battery, I guess 6 cell nimh and 2s lipo like the rest. Since my mini 8ight is modified, obviously I'd like open motor, esc, and tires. Maybe a maximum tire diameter. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can't believe indoor season is right around the corner, time sure flies when you're having fun racing dirtrunners style. Toby's always bringing something for prizes, thank you. Since there seems to be some interest in running a mini offroad class (not Coopers) I thought we could discuss rules. I'm thinking leave it fairly open so we can run mini 8ights, mervs, rc18s, etc. Maybe a wheelbase limit since each mfr. has their own ideas when it comes to scale. Battery, I guess 6 cell nimh and 2s lipo like the rest. Since my mini 8ight is modified, obviously I'd like open motor, esc, and tires. Maybe a maximum tire diameter. What do you guys think?
I'm in with my merv (VXL):thumbsup:
I was going to buy a mini cooper but if we might run these I'll hold off on the Cooper.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dirt Runners 2012-2013 indoor schedule : November 3, 17 : December 1, 15, 29 : January 12, 19 : February 9, 23 : March 9, 23. I was going to add April 6 but nobody shows up, i guess everybodys looking to go back outdoors. The Jan. 19 race was scheduled instead of the 26 because there is a boy scout pinewood derby race already scheduled for that day.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Are we going to have a rules meeting before the first race? I'm sure everyone has something they would like to discuss.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm in with my merv (VXL):thumbsup:
I was going to buy a mini cooper but if we might run these I'll hold off on the Cooper.

Greg, let me know if you want a Cooper, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.:wave:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Charlie or Dave,
Would it be possible to access the church before the first race day? Was hoping to give the track equipment a once over before the season started. Make sure all of the cables, loop, ect are all in good shape so if we do need anything, we can have it on hand to fix the first race day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Which rule set is the breakout pan following?

Are a fair number of drivers with tourers running shaft drives, or are you guys mostly using belts?

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's been 17.5 tour rules for the car, back of the body left in, 3.5 minimum lap.
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpost.php?p=3894836&postcount=1
The breakout has been great for keeping costs low. You don't need the latest greatest gear to be competitive. I actually had one set of tires last me two seasons.
Are a fair number of drivers with tourers running shaft drives, or are you guys mostly using belts?
Most of the touring cars have been belt drive. Once in a while someone will dust off a TC3 and run.

·
Registered
484 Posts

Belts are smoother for carpet racing, the downside of belt driven cars is if you run them on asphalt they're unreliable but since it's carpet, go belt. I run an Xray T1FK05 and it's pretty baller, you can get one on ebay now a days for like $150

·
Registered
790 Posts
Belts are also more efficient and you dont get the gyroscopic torque steer shaft driven cars have. Much more noticable on high bite carpet tracks. All 4 of mine are belt driven.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't forget Short Bus Drivers. Trophy race this Sunday at Critters. Come on over!!!! Stevie C's running the show and he's got some great Sponsors lined up!!!!

1 - 20 of 1055 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.